I upgraded My SMPS and Graphic card after starting it burnt my sata connected HDD and SSD.

Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
1 minute ago, kingzack said:

How can I check that??

You'll have to just plug things in and try them. Either they work or they don't.

image.png.4b278965f8db529a0457e0b14ad80cd8.png This is a 850w SMPS by Deepcool So I started by connecting Motherboard cable and CPU Cable, I have i7 12700k So I connected only one CPU cable for now but I don't know If I should connect 2 for the CPU or not cause my mother board has 2 ports. After that I connected The SATA cable from them old SMPS only which has fan controller and 1x 2TB HDD and 1x 500GB SSD Connected to the Bottom left port for SATA. After That My Graphic CARD has 3x 8pin PCI-E ports (Asus ROG Strix 3070ti) I didn't knew in which order to connect the 8pin PCI-E Cables So I just connected in left to right order to SMPS and GPU. After That I turned on the PC It didn't turn on at first it just blinked for a sec after that I started to unplug one Cable at a time so when I removed SATA cable it ran but SMPS Fan was not moving I don't know if it should keep rotating or not but PC was running I removed both the HDD and SSD and then I connected back the SATA power cable and fans were running fine but HDD and SSD were gone I tried several times to reconnect them but didn't work. So My Questions here are:
1. Did I connect all the cables right.
2. I don't know My GPU is safe in the order of cable connection as it is running fine for now.
3. Should I connect both the CPU cables from the power supply on the motherboard.
4. I don't know what has broken My motherboard SATA ports or SMPS SATA ports as burning smell was coming form the the SSD and HDD.

5. Also Do I need to get a SMPS replacement in this case but when I changed back to the new SATA cable and connected the fans they are running fine but one of the fans has now burnt LED strip so its just rotating not glowing.

6. Is it safe for other computer parts in this condition cause my PC is running fine and everything else is operatable other than SSD, HDD and LED strip from the fan. I ran few games after completing the setup.
image.png.f764d3974693a0cd7c312a297444cc56.png

3 minutes ago, kingzack said:

After that I connected The SATA cable from them old SMPS only which has fan controller and 1x 2TB HDD and 1x 500GB SSD Connected to the Bottom left port for SATA.

Do not use power cables with power supplies other than the one they came with. You will end up breaking things. 

1. Did I connect all the cables right.

No.

2. I don't know My GPU is safe in the order of cable connection as it is running fine for now.

It's not safe if you're using the old power supply cables for it.

4 minutes ago, kingzack said:

3. Should I connect both the CPU cables from the power supply on the motherboard.

No, a 12700k only needs one set of cables, but make sure they're cables for the new power supply that came with the new power supply.

4. I don't know what has broken My motherboard SATA ports or SMPS SATA ports as burning smell was coming form the the SSD and HDD.

You used the wrong cables.

5. Also Do I need to get a SMPS replacement in this case but when I changed back to the new SATA cable and connected the fans they are running fine but one of the fans has now burnt LED strip so its just rotating not glowing.

The LEDs on that fan are then dead.

Power supply cables are standardized on the side that plug into components, not on the power supply side.

Spoiler

PSU Pinout - Corsair Type 4PSU Pinout - Seasonic FOCUS SGX

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Do not use power cables with power supplies other than the one they came with. You will end up breaking things. 

No.

It's not safe if you're using the old power supply cables for it.

No, a 12700k only needs one set of cables, but make sure they're cables for the new power supply that came with the new power supply.

You used the wrong cables.

The LEDs on that fan are then dead.

Power supply cables are standardized on the side that plug into components, not on the power supply side.

Reveal hidden contents

PSU Pinout - Corsair Type 4PSU Pinout - Seasonic FOCUS SGX

So If I am using all new cables is the connections right??
And There is no problem other than that only the old SATA Cable caused the issue other than that I don't need to replace or change the anyting??

Just now, kingzack said:

So If I am using all new cables is the connections right??

New cables with new power supply, you're fine. At that point it's just figuring out if anything besides that fan LED was killed.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

New cables with new power supply, you're fine. At that point it's just figuring out if anything besides that fan LED was killed.

How can I check that??

1 minute ago, kingzack said:

How can I check that??

You'll have to just plug things in and try them. Either they work or they don't.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?