Additional storage for xbox series s

irishbeast

My partner bought her son an xbox s for xmas last year. I wasn't expecting much but its not too bad. 

Only issue is the piddly amount of storage. Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced solution. I don't want to be paying £150+ like I did with my ps5!

I know I can connect any old drive and store games on there but I want to be able to run them from the storage. I am not sure how fast the storage needs to be for the xbox s. I'm presuming less than the ps5 but I could be wrong. 

I really know very little about xboxes so any assistance would be ace 🙂

This has been covered a lot on here. quick search would bring it up but the bottom line is if you want fast and to be able to play series optimized games from it and not transfer back and forth you will need to buy an expansion card.  Any other drive you put in will only allow you to play xbox one titles.  The 1TB version will run you $149USD.  

Warning: there are some aliexpress adatper that will take m.2 to expansion port. Even with this you need a specialized drive.  The cost of doing that is very close to getting the expansion.  It is not worth voiding the warranty to me for $20-30.