Ai + Render Rig

Tsx
Go to solution Solved by Blqckqut,
11 minutes ago, Tsx said:

Hi,

i need to setup a replacement for my current 3D Render System. Actually iam Using a Threadripper 1950x - 64GB RAM - 2x M2 2TB Samsung Pro - RTX A 1200.

My current Projects take arount 3-5 Days Rendertime for all steps so way to much to practical for me. And this is when i set an alarm clock an start the next step somewhere in the night :D.

Actually i do genereate 3D Models from Drone Pictures but it takes very long to handle large Projects with 3-5k Pictures.

The Programm iam Using Scales 1:1 in terms of CPU Cores so more is better. Its linear scale. In 60% of the Processing time only the CPU is been used.

For RAM ist a bit different, depends on the Amount of Points in my Dense cloud how much i need. But actually iam often limit with this factor so i need at least 256 to not run that often in quality downgradings through RAM limitations. For the GPU i need a lot of VRAM to Render the Polymodel out of the Dense Cloud. I use a excel sheet from the program manufacturer to calculate the need of my current project with the settings i want. So most time 30-35gb vram is the sweet spot. 

Here my current system i like to buy: https://geizhals.de/wishlists/3204389

For the money. Lets say for now i dont need to care to much about the pricetag. 

My Questions are: 

1. Can someone confirm that the current config will work in terms of compatibiliy ? I check multiple times but i dont have so much exp. with the newest Threadripper. 

2. The A100 is in the Setup cause i try to train an llma with my own data. And yes it is alot. I dont have any clue how much i need but thats the biggest i could found :D. Maybe the quadro would be enouth but who knows and if i dont need it, i can use it for the first purpose to render big models that need lots of vram.

yea itll worked i double checked, seems all good to me, only thing id change is maybe get ram with a heatsink for those kind operations

Hi,

i need to setup a replacement for my current 3D Render System. Actually iam Using a Threadripper 1950x - 64GB RAM - 2x M2 2TB Samsung Pro - RTX A 1200.

My current Projects take arount 3-5 Days Rendertime for all steps so way to much to practical for me. And this is when i set an alarm clock an start the next step somewhere in the night :D.

Actually i do genereate 3D Models from Drone Pictures but it takes very long to handle large Projects with 3-5k Pictures.

The Programm iam Using Scales 1:1 in terms of CPU Cores so more is better. Its linear scale. In 60% of the Processing time only the CPU is been used.

For RAM ist a bit different, depends on the Amount of Points in my Dense cloud how much i need. But actually iam often limit with this factor so i need at least 256 to not run that often in quality downgradings through RAM limitations. For the GPU i need a lot of VRAM to Render the Polymodel out of the Dense Cloud. I use a excel sheet from the program manufacturer to calculate the need of my current project with the settings i want. So most time 30-35gb vram is the sweet spot. 

My Questions are: 

1. Can someone confirm that the current config will work in terms of compatibiliy ? I check multiple times but i dont have so much exp. with the newest Threadripper. 

2. The A100 is in the Setup cause i try to train an llma with my own data. And yes it is alot. I dont have any clue how much i need but thats the biggest i could found :D. Maybe the quadro would be enouth but who knows and if i dont need it, i can use it for the first purpose to render big models that need lots of vram.

holy oil prince

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Just now, Blqckqut said:

holy oil prince

I use the system for work. And with growing projects it is way to slow. Actually i run into the issue that in the last step after 4 Days of work it turned out that the textures mapping is always blurry. Reason was in step 1 Camera Alignment so i need to do all again. This time i did only a sample of all pictures and try to optimise this as much as possible. After getting good result i starte over with the complete set. But the time pressure wasnt funny. And if i can cut all proccessing to 1/4 of time only by getting 4 Times the cpu core amout its every penny worth :D.

11 minutes ago, Tsx said:

Hi,

My Questions are: 

yea itll worked i double checked, seems all good to me, only thing id change is maybe get ram with a heatsink for those kind operations

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

Just now, Blqckqut said:

If you find any, i dont. I checkt the Mainboard Manufacturer page and the only compatible ram that is listet is this one.

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/workstation/pro-ws-wrx80e-sage-se-wifi-ii/helpdesk_qvl_memory/?model2Name=Pro-WS-WRX80E-SAGE-SE-WIFI-II

Just now, Tsx said:

If you find any, i dont. I checkt the Mainboard Manufacturer page and the only compatible ram that is listet is this one.

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/workstation/pro-ws-wrx80e-sage-se-wifi-ii/helpdesk_qvl_memory/?model2Name=Pro-WS-WRX80E-SAGE-SE-WIFI-II

fair enough then, maybe you can diy something? like put a thermal pad on it with some metal and call it a day lol

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

Just now, Blqckqut said:

fair enough then, maybe you can diy something? like put a thermal pad on it with some metal and call it a day lol

It shouldn't really matter as the ram chips won't get too hot. Their mostly for looks or is a marketing scheme

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, filpo said:

It shouldn't really matter as the ram chips won't get too hot. Their mostly for looks or is a marketing scheme

faiir, but still for a multi day operation i wouldnt risk it

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

Any Suggestions for the Case an CPU Cooling ?

RGB is not a thing =), i dont need extra fency. If its there, no problem but its not something i would take care of.

1 minute ago, Tsx said:

RGB is not a thing =), i dont need extra fency. If its there, no problem but its not something i would take care of.

This is a good case Lian Li LANCOOL III ATX Mid Tower Case (LANCOOL 3-X) - PCPartPicker

This is a good cpu air cooler Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler (NH-U14S TR4-SP3) - PCPartPicker

Water cooler NZXT Kraken X73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (RL-KRX73-01) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, Tsx said:

be sure to mark as solution

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

• 1 month later...

For some Feedback. The Konfig i initially postet worked well:

5x Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 2TB, M.2 (SKC3000D/2048G)
1x AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX, 64C/128T, 2.70-4.50GHz, boxed ohne Kühler (100-100000444WOF)
8x Samsung RDIMM 64GB, DDR4-3200, CL22-22-22, reg ECC (M393A8G40AB2-CWE)
1x PNY NVIDIA RTX 6000 Ada Generation, 48GB GDDR6, 4x DP, Smallbox (VCNRTX6000ADA-SB)
1x ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-Sage SE WIFI II (90MB1E60-M0EAY0)
1x Noctua NF-A15 PWM, 140mm
1x Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3
1x Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Black TG Dark Tint, Glasfenster (FD-C-MES2X-01)
1x be quiet! Dark Power Pro 13 1300W ATX 3.0 (BN331)

AS OS is User W11Pro Workstation