PC upgrade route...

Gweek
Go to solution Solved by gen_angry,

Your best upgrade is a new graphics card. Your PSU should be fine for up to around a 3070 for nvidia or a 6700xt for AMD. The rest of your system should be fine.

Of the two - I would probably go with a 6700XT since they can be bought within your budget, RTX 3070s are still pricier. It will curbstomp a 1660 Ti.

Hey guys, im currently trying to upgrade my gaming rig.

I mostly play games like Rust, CSGO, World of warcraft and the only real issue im having is in rust where i get 60-70 FPS with my current setup

Im running 
EVGA 550 w gold PSU
ryzen 5 5500
Corsair 16g ram kit 3200mhz
GTX 1060 3gb MSI

Asus prime 550b a-ii Motherboard
m.2 500g drive(samsung i think) - for booting and rust mainly
(friend help me build this)

GPU/RAM is running 100% useage when only running rust/discord

Im currently looking to upgrade but im so lost on all the diffrent components and what works togeather and what dose not.

If anyone have any advice to give a young bloke who wanna play rust with a little more fps that would be amazing

Budget around 300-400 USD/EURO or so can go little 

Edited by Gweek

4 minutes ago, Gweek said:

GTX 1060 3gb MSI

That's probably the (main) weak point right there. I'd start with an update to perhaps a 2xxx series (if you wish to stay with nVidia) for a nice boost without breaking the bank.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Gweek said:

Hey guys, im currently trying to upgrade my gaming rig.

I mostly play games like Rust, CSGO, World of warcraft and the only real issue im having is in rust where i get 60-70 FPS with my current setup

Im running 
EVGA 550 w gold PSU
ryzen 5 5500
Corsair 16g ram kit 3200mhz
GTX 1060 3gb MSI

Asus prime 550b a-ii Motherboard
m.2 500g drive(samsung i think) - for booting and rust mainly
(friend help me build this)

Im currently looking to upgrade but im so lost on all the diffrent components and what works togeather and what dose not.

If anyone have any advice to give a young bloke who wanna play rust with a little more fps that would be amazing

Budget around 300-400 USD/EURO or so can go little 

60/70 fps is good but if you want more upgrade to a GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/GeForce GTX 1660 TI

My solutions suck alot of the time

Just now, Rayyan9400 said:

60/70 fps is good but if you want more upgrade to a GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/GeForce GTX 1660 TI

Sounds solid, what about PSU would i need to up that aswell or will i be fine with my 550 w GOLD boi

6 minutes ago, Gweek said:

Sounds solid, what about PSU would i need to up that aswell or will i be fine with my 550 w GOLD boi

should be fine with a 1660Ti

Your best upgrade is a new graphics card. Your PSU should be fine for up to around a 3070 for nvidia or a 6700xt for AMD. The rest of your system should be fine.

Of the two - I would probably go with a 6700XT since they can be bought within your budget, RTX 3070s are still pricier. It will curbstomp a 1660 Ti.

Main: 5900X | RTX 3070 | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite | 32GB DDR4-3600 | 1TB SN750 + 2TB WD SATA SSD

WinXP: Ph2 945 | GTX 750 Ti | Asus M4A79XTD-EVO | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 320GB WD HDD

DOS/Win95: 200MMX | S3 Trio64v2/DX + Diamond Monster 3D | Asus P5-99VM | 64MB PC100 | 80GB IDE HDD

Apple IIe Enh.: 65C02 | 64K RAM | 2xDisk II | SSC - Post