Comfortable IEMs for sleep

ladal1

Hi, I got used to falling asleep with podcasts or music on, but now, living with my girlfriend who has some problems falling asleep I can't do that anymore. So I'm looking for some comfortable IEMs with which I can go to sleep, since it reduces my time to fall asleep significantly. I tried using OpenMove by shockz which I use for cycling, but the belt behind the head was too annoying. I know Linus used some and I'm thinking about the LG ones from short circuit video, but I'm not sure I want something too much in ear for sleeping.

I'm not looking for noise cancelling or anything extra like that (as it's mostly spoken word, even sound quality is low priority.), I just need them to be fine even for me as a side sleeper.

Edited by ladal1
Changed to IEM and added more context

15 minutes ago, ladal1 said:

Hi, I got used to falling asleep with podcasts or music on, but now, living with my girlfriend who has some problems falling asleep I can't do that anymore. So I'm looking for some comfortable headphones with which I can go to sleep, since it reduces my time to fall asleep significantly. I tried using OpenMove by shockz which I use for cycling, but the belt behind the head was too annoying.

I'm not looking for noise cancelling or anything extra like that (as it's mostly spoken word, even sound quality is low priority.), I just need them to be fine even for me as a side sleeper.

Headphones ? I'd go for IEMs or airbuds, they're way more comfortable when falling asleep

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Yeah sorry, I'm using the wrong terminology 😄 Yeah, probably looking for IEMs - I'm using android so probably not airpods

I personally would go for earbuds for sleep. They don't go in your ears and are very comfortable. 

VE monks sound pretty good and are very cheap or if you want wireless the Sony link buds are ok a bit over priced for the sound but functions pretty well

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

I personally would go for earbuds for sleep. They don't go in your ears and are very comfortable. 

VE monks sound pretty good and are very cheap or if you want wireless the Sony link buds are ok a bit over priced for the sound but functions pretty well

I was thinking about earphones as well, but I do need some really comfortable - which means softer in the ear for me, and the linkbuds are way too expensive to be worth it I guess

7 hours ago, ladal1 said:

I was thinking about earphones as well, but I do need some really comfortable - which means softer in the ear for me, and the linkbuds are way too expensive to be worth it I guess

Ve monks come with foams that you can put around them like classic earbuds generally do. Foams are easy to lose but really cheap to replace. The most comfortable earbuds thought for me at least is the apple earpods those tend to have a smaller profile.