PFSense allow all traffic (Testing) or DMZ

phoenix3dfx225

Hey all, 

I was previously earning good amount of credit from a Bandwidth Sharing site called Salad.com - This was on a 100/100 leased line but it was maxing out. I have now moved my host to a 1000/1000 leased line but have put a PFSense VM on the network.

New to PFSense and was looking for assistance with creating a rule that allows all traffic so nothing appears in the log as blocked by default rule. Or how would I go about creating a DMZ for the one client device to sit in with nothing else but the Salad Bandwidth Sharing App installed and not being restricted by the firewall.

Is the attached Allow All Rule on the WAN sufficent?

FW Rule.png

1 minute ago, phoenix3dfx225 said:

Hey all, 

I was previously earning good amount of credit from a Bandwidth Sharing site called Salad.com - This was on a 100/100 leased line but it was maxing out. I have now moved my host to a 1000/1000 leased line but have put a PFSense VM on the network.

New to PFSense and was looking for assistance with creating a rule that allows all traffic so nothing appears in the log as blocked by default rule. Or how would I go about creating a DMZ for the one client device to sit in with nothing else but the Salad Bandwidth Sharing App installed and not being restricted by the firewall.

Is the attached Allow All Rule on the WAN sufficent?

FW Rule.png

If I understand correctly then yes, the allow all rule will not block anything outgoing.

There will always be some log noise from default deny rules due to expired NAT sessions and other generic things that pfSense logs as that.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7