Advise on Processor AMD or INTEL

Hi Folks

Disclaimer: I'm new to this site and never built any computer before

I'm confused about what to pick when it comes to CPU, I'm not a heavy gamer but do play games occasionally. Having said that I do use my computer for my learning purpose such as Oracle Database and Android app development and similar stuff, you get the point I'm kind of a software developer.

I have never used AMD based computer before, I was thinking to build a computer with AMD FX 6300 and overclock it to 4.3GHZ. Some of my PC spec are mentioned below, (although I haven't bought any of those parts yet but would be buying it very soon after getting some good advise and research).

Radeon 270x 4gb DDR graphic card

16GB DDR3 RAM

600W PSU

MSI 970A-G46 motherboard

My confusion is should i go for Intel 4670k or AMD 6300 (six core) or AMD 8320 or any other that you people would advise me to buy?

please feel free to leave your comments as I can stretch my budget to build a computer that last a good few years, please also note that I'm not a fanboy of intel or AMD i need best bang for my buck.

Thanks for reading this giving your time

Regards

don't double post read the CoC if you haven't already, it is in my signature

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I wouldn't buy that motherboard. Buy a 990FX motherboard like the ASRock 990FX Killer and then get an FX 6300 and overclock it to 4.4-4.5GHz. With a system like that you will only need a 450W PSU

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Depends on your budget. If you have a small budget for your CPU, the FX-series is a great choice. They are low cost, and perform very well. If you have a little more money for your CPU, an Intel i5 would be a great choice as well. Keep in mind what you want to do. Intel processors have better single core performance, meaning better performance in smaller, less intensive applications that don't utilize all the cores of an AMD FX processor. AMD FX processor are also great overclockers. If you are going to game and be doing light use a lot of the time, I find an Intel CPU is the better choice.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

I replied to this double-posted topic in the other thread. So go read what myself and others stated.

Also, please don't ever double post! It won't get you any better or faster results. I know you're new to the forum, (and welcome!) so we'll be soft on you.. for now! *Evil Laugh*

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Get Intel 4670k. It will be good as in gaming as in other things you mentioned. It got strong cores, while AMD got more but weak cores, plus old architecure (32nm), consumes more power, is hot, needs very good cooler to overclock otherwise it's very weak & still can't reach the Intel.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

If you can afford it get the i5-4670k. It's not only superb in gaming but it will also reduce large source compile times. It will also last a few years (DirectX 12 won't be big until at least 2016), especially if you overclock it later on for gaming.

I am running a FX 6300 in my pc right now, and I must say it is amazing.  I play very intense games that are very hard on a computer, and the 6300 does the job very well.  Since it is a 6 core cpu it is great for things that use multicore technology, and for the money nothing can beat it.  The only problem with it is the stock heatsink, but for a couple extra bucks that problem can be solved.