Ethernet and Wi-Fi issues (ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WI-FI).

A few months ago I decided to upgrade my pc to a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WI-FI) and Ryzen 5800x, and have found it struggles to maintain a solid internet connection when connected to both Ethernet and Wi-Fi. I have been busy wrapping up my final semester of college ever since, so I haven't had much time to sit down and troubleshoot this until now.

According to various internet speed tests, while plugged into ethernet I'm getting an expected 500 mb/s down. But in reality, when I'm watching YouTube or just trying to connect to my Gmail, the video will stop loading about 5-10 minutes in, even at 1080p quality, and the Gmail will just sit there and spin for an endless amount of time. Downloading games on Steam is almost completely fine in contrast though, and I'll get a near-constant 60 mb/s the entire way through, no matter the size of the game, and I almost never lag in Discord calls or multiplayer games.

On the flip side, if I switch to using the onboard Wi-Fi, I suddenly only get about 50 mb/s down, compared to my phone which will get roughly 300 mb/s down in the same spot. My phone does have Wi-Fi 6 support, while I don't believe the B550 board does, but I still wouldn't expect the difference between the two to be so extreme. Using the Wi-Fi, I don't have the same issues while watching YouTube or connecting to my Gmail, but it can be a little slow while loading websites and browsing the internet, which I expect at that speed. I will, however, start cutting in and out of Discord and any multiplayer game I'm playing, with my ping suddenly spiking up to ~1000 every 10 minutes or so.

Would anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? I believe that all of my drivers are up to date, and I did not have these same issues on my last motherboard/CPU combo which was a B450 Tomahawk (non-max) with a Ryzen 3700x. 

My current pc specs are...

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)

Ryzen 5800x

32gb 3600 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (4x8gb)

RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G

The Ram and GPU have also remained the same since my last motherboard and CPU, and I've been using a completely new install of Windows 10 Pro on a freshly formatted SSD ever since switching over to the B550 and 5800x. Not sure if any of that would have an impact on this issue, but figured I'd throw it in there just in case. I also have Fios 500mb/s up/down.

I see you mentioned having updated drivers, but after reading your post a couple times through, it still screams like a driver issue.

Could you uninstall the Intel Ethernet adapter via Device manager, and select "delete driver software for this device". After restarting, Windows should automatically reinstall it with a generic driver. From here, you can either A: Try out the generic driver for a few days. OR  B: Re-download the drivers from Asus's website and immediately update the driver.