Does my motherboard is dead ?

Crowzer

Today I updated the bios on my MSI X570 Unify but it failed. When I boot my PC, I got a black screen.

So I did a clear CMOS and also tried to update BIOS with flash button and USB key.The led blicking for 2 mins. Now when I boot my PC, I still have a black screen and 00 code on the motherboard.

PC Specs :
AMD Ryzen 5900X (stock)
MSI X570 MEG
RTX 4080 FE (no O/C)
32 GB Corsair Vengeance RT 3600C16 (only XMP enabled)
WD_Black SN850 500GB & Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Before BIOS update, my PC worked perfectly fine.

IMG_6170.jpeg

Unplug everything but cpu, ram, and power. Do the bios update again. Let it sit there for 10 minutes. It should restart by itself. 

I found two methods that work to help getting the motherboard back to normal:

1. Clearing CMOS will make it possible to boot on the pc afterwards but you will lose all personalized settings you did in the BIOS, ex. PWM Fans and RAM frequency settings.

2. Turning the power supply unit off and back on while the pc is turned on will make it possible to boot the pc normally and no settings are lost.

The above information was stolen from the website'

Code 00 means that even POST is not possible and indicates direct fault with BIOS / motherboard or CPU.

Managed to solve my issue !

I removed every components from motherboard except for MB/CPU power, the rest were all removed (fans, SSD, USB, Audio, etc...)

Then, I tried to flash bios with USB key and instead of during 4 mins as before it lasted for 8 mins. I put back CPU and RAM but I got error code some error codes. I tried to unplug and plug back RAM and it seems fixed.

At this state PC didn't boot because of error 02 code. So I look on internet and someone said "you have to plug keyboard" and I did that and I was able to boot as usual.

Crazy...

So, from what you're saying you were able to get your machine working again?  If so, that's great.

Take Care and Good Luck.

Yep ! Everything works fine now.

But one thing is sure : I won't do a BIOS update anytime soon haha. 😄