Need more watts?

hawthorne

Planning on getting an 8350 and overclocking, might get a NH d15 (currently have a dark rock 2)

I have a 520w PSU.

Do I need more watts?

Gpu: amd 7950

Mono: sabertooth 990fx

Twitter | Steam |

Yes. A 650W would be perfect for it.

And 8350 uses a considerably higher amount then my 4770K, and your GFX is pretty much the same as mine.

I use a 650W, and OC my 4770K, so I think 650W would be perfect.

As long as your psu isn't crap, it's fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

IDK. If you keep your current PSU, you'll be on the edge. 

This is for a system with a mildly overclocked FX 8350 and a GTX 670. I would invest in a higher wattage PSU. 

Power.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclocking-do-it-yourself,3366-14.html

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

no. You are good as long as it's 80+ Broze atleast.

Yes it is! I will try it and see, what happeneds if I run out power, does my PC set on fire or just crash?

Twitter | Steam |

I'm running a Xeon 1220v2(lightly OC'ed) and a 7970 that I OC'ed the crap out of.

I have a 520W as well and absolutely no problems at all. Even while running Furmark, Prime 95 etc.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

It will shut down. And that's it.

What about cooling? Definately going to stay with air how would my dark rock handle medium to high overclocks?

Twitter | Steam |

I'm running a Xeon 1220v2(lightly OC'ed) and a 7970 that I OC'ed the crap out of.

I have a 520W as well and absolutely no problems at all. Even while running Furmark, Prime 95 etc.

Not planning on ever overclock my gpu as the cooler is aweful, thanks for your post it gave me confidence

Twitter | Steam |

It is coolermaster, bronze rating.

That's fine even with oc'ing. 

What about cooling? Definately going to stay with air how would my dark rock handle medium to high overclocks?

Depends on your chip. 

Just watch your temps and you should be fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not planning on ever overclock my gpu as the cooler is aweful, thanks for your post it gave me confidence

Glad I could help :)

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold