Packet loss but only sometimes and only on my pc

Flakk

My computer has a severe packet loss issue that used to only happen sometimes but now happens nonstop. I've tried:
Replacing my ethernet cable 2 times

Restarting my router

Using other ethernet cable slots on the router

Plugging my ethernet cable into my WiFi extender

Unplugging the WiFi extender

Using WiFi in general

When I ping my router in the command prompt, I either get no packets through or few through. When I ping 8.8.8.8 however, I get every packet through in 20-30ms, so I'm fresh out of ideas on what to do. It also seems like the packet loss issue is only for upload (if that matters) as in games like Fortnite it shows no download packet loss but a ton of upload packet loss, not sure if that makes a difference as I'm not amazing with computers.

I'm on windows 11 (freshly upgraded today), latest BIOS I believe, and my specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5-10400 2.90 GHz
16gb of installed RAM

RTX 3060 Ti

2 hours ago, Flakk said:

My computer has a severe packet loss issue that used to only happen sometimes but now happens nonstop. I've tried:
Replacing my ethernet cable 2 times

Restarting my router

Using other ethernet cable slots on the router

Plugging my ethernet cable into my WiFi extender

Unplugging the WiFi extender

Using WiFi in general

When I ping my router in the command prompt, I either get no packets through or few through. When I ping 8.8.8.8 however, I get every packet through in 20-30ms, so I'm fresh out of ideas on what to do. It also seems like the packet loss issue is only for upload (if that matters) as in games like Fortnite it shows no download packet loss but a ton of upload packet loss, not sure if that makes a difference as I'm not amazing with computers.

I'm on windows 11 (freshly upgraded today), latest BIOS I believe, and my specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5-10400 2.90 GHz
16gb of installed RAM

RTX 3060 Ti

This “sometimes” thing interests me.  Did it just seem random?  Did anything change just before it went “all the time”?  What made it “sometimes”?

as far as upload packetloss goes I would suspect the isp setup except for the other bit which makes me think they are blameless. If you’re changing hardware out and the problem isn’t fixed, then none of those bits were the problem.  What about your PC itself?  The parts you didn’t mention are the ones that might matter here: The network card or the motherboard (if it’s not a network card). Also windows in general.  Doing a refresh might do it if the problem is a corrupted windows file.  There are also your network drivers to think about too.  A refresh is quick and easy.  It just rewrites some of the windows files in case they got corrupted.  It doesn’t touch your data at all.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Sorry for a late response, but if you could help me find out what motherboard I've got that'd be amazing! I bought this PC as a prebuilt a while ago and I'm not sure which of the many different names all over the parts inside would be the motherboard lol. And about the network drivers, I've updated them and uninstalled and reinstalled them, so it might be my motherboard.

9 hours ago, Flakk said:

Sorry for a late response, but if you could help me find out what motherboard I've got that'd be amazing! I bought this PC as a prebuilt a while ago and I'm not sure which of the many different names all over the parts inside would be the motherboard lol. And about the network drivers, I've updated them and uninstalled and reinstalled them, so it might be my motherboard.

Ugh.  There are a few different kinds of prebuilts OEM, system aggrigator, and whitebox.  OEMs are companies like Dell and Lenovo who can actually do their own motherboards. All the other types will use consumer motherboards.  So the next question is make/model

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.