D.O.C.P causes blue screen

Elyos123
Go to solution Solved by Elyos123,
1 hour ago, Fred Castellum said:

Please give us a full run down of your system specs. 

I've got:
Asus ROG STRIX B450F gaming.
Ryzen 5 2600X.

Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 2x8GB +2x8GB new

Sapphire nitro+ RX 5700xt

Seasonic 750W gold PSU.

I checked and old and new one's specs, model numbers, speeds and etc are the same.

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

Can you give us the specific product names of your two kits of ram? 

I got this one and think old ones are the same https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1XCKWW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

35 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

You may not be stable at 3200 with 4 sticks regardless of timings, so if loosening doesn’t work the next step is to start dropping the speed. You could also try a little extra voltage at 1.4v but don’t push higher than that.

I set AI overclock tuner to Auto and manually set Memory frequency to 3000 and now it seems to be stable. 3133 didn't work either.
BTW When I set AI overclock tuner to DOCP new tab opens and there is old preset which I think was for old 16GB setup, but couldn't find where to create new or delete old one. Never really messed up with BIOS and don't know much about manual work there.

Hello.
I just installed new RAM sticks and I'm getting blue screens. I had 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro sticks and got another pair (2x8 again).
It seems to work with default bios setting and I get 2133MHz.

But when I try to switch to D.O.C.P and set speed to 3200MHz system gets instable. I used to have DOCP3200 with previous 16Gbs for 3 years and didn't got any problem.

I had old sticks in A2/B2 slots, then after inserting new ones I mixed(maybe). Now I have olds in A2/B2 and news in A1/B1 but no improvement.

Capture.PNG

11.PNG

12.PNG

13.PNG

14.PNG

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Also, IIRC DOCP is only validated with two sticks and can be unstable on 4

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Set the timings manually to the XMP spec first. If that doesn’t work, loosen the cas timing to 18 and see if that helps. 

You may not be stable at 3200 with 4 sticks regardless of timings, so if loosening doesn’t work the next step is to start dropping the speed. You could also try a little extra voltage at 1.4v but don’t push higher than that.

1 hour ago, Fred Castellum said:

I've got:
Ryzen 5 2600X.

Seasonic 750W gold PSU.

I checked and old and new one's specs, model numbers, speeds and etc are the same.

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

I got this one and think old ones are the same https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1XCKWW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

35 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

I set AI overclock tuner to Auto and manually set Memory frequency to 3000 and now it seems to be stable. 3133 didn't work either.
BTW When I set AI overclock tuner to DOCP new tab opens and there is old preset which I think was for old 16GB setup, but couldn't find where to create new or delete old one. Never really messed up with BIOS and don't know much about manual work there.

34 minutes ago, Elyos123 said:

I've got:
Ryzen 5 2600X.

Seasonic 750W gold PSU.

3200MHz on second gen Ryzen is tricky enough with two sticks. Higher than 2933 is going to be really tough.

34 minutes ago, Elyos123 said:

Unfortunately, RAM vendors don't make the RAM. They buy parts from SK Hynix, Samsung, Nanya or Spectec/Micron and just assemble it. Fairly similar to how MSI/Gigabyte/ASUS/etc "makes" GPUs. The difference is that before each batch RAM vendors will try to get the cheapest option that fits the specs they want. So a later batch of the same model number could use a completely different vendor and Chipset. This is very common.

You can use Thaiphoon Burner to reach this info from the sticks. Click on Read, then select a stick. It will look like this. Check that the vendor and the die is the same. You can also check the sticker of each stick, look for the version number. The version number isn't really a version number, it's internal code for which vendor was used and the Chipset version (There are almost 20 different Chipset versions with DDR4, known as dies). 3.xx is Micron/Spectec. 4.xx is Samsung. 5.xx is SK Hynix. 8.xx is Nanya. The x'es relate to the chipset version. If the whole version number doesn't match, the sticks are different from each other. 

If the two kits don't use the same parts, the chance of them working together at higher speeds dramatically lowers. 

1 hour ago, Elyos123 said:

Yup, looks like that’s the speed your cpu/board/ram is capable of with 4 sticks. 

If your problem is solved, make sure you mark the answer. Helps anyone searching the forum in the future.