Looking for the best thermal imaging camera for $300 or less

I’m looking for a good thermal imaging camera that can be used to accurately measure temperature on any visible point of running pc equipment (preferably with crosshairs) to help with diagnosing any potential thermally related issues - also i want it to be able to help me judge when to stop applying heat to a cpu that i’m trying to delid so that i don’t accidentally cause heat damage when trying to loosen adhesive. What is the best thermal camera that fits these use cases and is 300 USD or less? Is there a camera that breaks this budget that has features that would be worth the extra expense?

Current PC:

• CPU
    Intel i9-12900KS
  • Motherboard
    Asus Rog Maximus Z690 Hero
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6600 MT/s, 2 x 16GB, (CL32-39-39-76, 1.40V), CMK32GX5M2X6600C32 for gaming or
    G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5-6000 MT/s, 2 x 32GB, (CL30-40-40-96, 1.40V), F5-6000J3040G32GX2-RS5K for heavy multitasking
  • GPU
    Aorus Xtreme Waterforce RTX 3090 TI
  • Case
    Corsair 7000D Airflow
  • Storage
    2 x 2TB WD Black sn850 SSDs
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1600W P2, Fully Modular
  • Display(s)
    34" 1900R Alienware AW3418DW Black, 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz
  • Cooling
    Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 420, Built in 360mm gpu rad, 7 x 140mm Noctua NF-A14's (4 used as full case fan set, 3 used to upgrade CPU rad fans), 4 x 120mm Noctua NF-F12's (3 used to upgrade GPU rad stock fans, 1 used to fill last remaining case fan slot)
  • Keyboard
    Fidio Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Asus Rog Spatha X
  • Sound
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Game DAC Wired Headset
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

16 minutes ago, cleric_warlock said:

I’m looking for a good thermal imaging camera that can be used to accurately measure temperature on any visible point of running pc equipment (preferably with crosshairs) to help with diagnosing any potential thermally related issues - also i want it to be able to help me judge when to stop applying heat to a cpu that i’m trying to delid so that i don’t accidentally cause heat damage when trying to loosen adhesive. What is the best thermal camera that fits these use cases and is 300 USD or less? Is there a camera that breaks this budget that has features that would be worth the extra expense?

NorthridgeFix have made a good video about a budget thermal cam that runs at 30FPS iirc and it's pretty inexpensive compared to the features it gives you. 

this is the video they made about it, they find it very good for the price.

But while delidding, you won't heat damage the CPU because it can only take damage if there's current running through it while it's at 150°C or more. Edit: but you shouldn't get it too hot to not melt any solder on the CPU

Edited by DreamCat04

Klein Tools TI250 Rechargeable Thermal Imaging Camera

I found this thermal imaging camera that's actually very good.

I checked some youtube reviews as well, plus this camera is actually great for PC diagnosis .

2 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

NorthridgeFix have made a good video about a budget thermal cam that runs at 30FPS iirc and it's pretty inexpensive compared to the features it gives you. 

this is the video they made about it, they find it very good for the price.

But while delidding, you won't heat damage the CPU because it can only take damage if there's current running through it while it's at 150°C or more. Edit: but you shouldn't get it too hot to not melt any solder on the CPU

This thermal camera seems to be my ideal choice, but the discrepancies in pricing for it are wild. The amazon listing is like $450 by the official manufacturer, on ebay it's $300 (seller has high volume and a lot of reviews with high satisfaction rate), and there are some suspiciously low listings on ali express for like $50. Is this camera really flippable or are there some scammers making listings?

Current PC:

• CPU
    Intel i9-12900KS
  • Motherboard
    Asus Rog Maximus Z690 Hero
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6600 MT/s, 2 x 16GB, (CL32-39-39-76, 1.40V), CMK32GX5M2X6600C32 for gaming or
    G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5-6000 MT/s, 2 x 32GB, (CL30-40-40-96, 1.40V), F5-6000J3040G32GX2-RS5K for heavy multitasking
  • GPU
    Aorus Xtreme Waterforce RTX 3090 TI
  • Case
    Corsair 7000D Airflow
  • Storage
    2 x 2TB WD Black sn850 SSDs
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1600W P2, Fully Modular
  • Display(s)
    34" 1900R Alienware AW3418DW Black, 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz
  • Cooling
    Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 420, Built in 360mm gpu rad, 7 x 140mm Noctua NF-A14's (4 used as full case fan set, 3 used to upgrade CPU rad fans), 4 x 120mm Noctua NF-F12's (3 used to upgrade GPU rad stock fans, 1 used to fill last remaining case fan slot)
  • Keyboard
    Fidio Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Asus Rog Spatha X
  • Sound
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Game DAC Wired Headset
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL