64 bit system

GTX 1070 Base clock: 1506 MHZ Boost clock: 1683 MHz

i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz 3.500 GHz boost 2592 Mhz 4 cores

2x8 GB ram 2133 MHz

60 HZ Monitor

SSD NVMe samsung mzvlb256

Hard Drive HGST HTS7210A9E630 1 terabyte 

Running without battery

Looking at the reviews of this laptop now, everyone talks about the poor heat dissipation of the laptop. About a year ago I was tiried of the low FPS so I decided to finally open the laptop and change the thermal paste, and fortunetly some cpu intesive games worked better and I got stable 60 fps. However, at that time when I checked out games that I ran 60 fps on my weaker laptop of GTX 970m(that was never repasted) those games on the GL502VS were running 10 fps slower on highest settings. 

About 5 months later(after the repasting) the laptop got even more slow. I did try to repaste it but it was giving me the same results. Here I am today asking for help. 2 days ago I downloed Hwininfo64 and MSI afterburner to see what is going on with the laptop. During intnesive gaming my cpu was throttling. I repasted both GPU and CPU. Now the CPU throttling has stopped on low settings but is sitll present in high setting. But I had noticable frame drops on the lowest settings for Hell Let Loose, and highest settings for dead by daylight. Then I focused on MSI Afterburner, I would get a power limit, and no load limit. My GPU clock speeds were normal though. My bios is completely screwed up. At some point the laptop would not start, and I read somewhere switching to Legacy would fix the issue, which it did. Then I tried to switch back to UEFI and it didn't work.

I have no access to imporant things in the legacy version, only basic stuff. I can't change anything about the GPU I assume. I don't know what to do, I am lost and I don't want to give up on the laptop. 

So I did some tests just now. I joined an empty Hell Let Loose server changed to highest graphics and lowest as well. I was getting 50-60 fps on both. Though when the server was getting populated my cpu was throttling on the highest setting, on lowest settings last night it wasn't. I took some screen shots in dbd and HLL of msi afterburner as well. Also when I'm not doing anything my cpu is overclocking, but during a game it is underclocking. I noticed the fans don't seem as they are weorking hard enough during gaming too. Confusing

Screenshot(24).thumb.png.fd4a2b6a49733a5c3f4d687e731f2ad7.png

Dbd max settings

Screenshot(25).thumb.png.3e2a5da1d9852c681181e50db7895e58.png

Cpu overclocking not doingg anything

Screenshot(26).thumb.png.a98818658ae8e6b100dd79d295a9dd4d.png

Screenshot(27).thumb.png.38b37ea783c1a333b3bcd17357b759a3.png

Underclocking during game

Screenshot(28).thumb.png.f1a2e9cae3708ce9e1c3c937e5ad8b81.png

HLL lowest graphics

Screenshot(29).thumb.png.46b7792cd465625b1744b900efff5d2a.png

HLL Max graphics

welcome to the world of laptops, where capability is defined not by the specs but rather by the cooler

Also, for a 6700hq and a mobile 1070, performance doesn't seem that bad.

23 hours ago, RandomLegoBrick said:

welcome to the world of laptops, where capability is defined not by the specs but rather by the cooler

Also, for a 6700hq and a mobile 1070, performance doesn't seem that bad.

Yup, fortunetly this is my brothers laptop he build a pc and gave this to me. But for being what it is, I still don't understand why the fps drops are there for many of the games that I play, which arn't that demanding. I concerned that it might be BIOS relateed but don't know, because the bad cooling for the cpu.