PC PROBLEM

FlynnonLTT

My pc usualy doesnt boot, well it turns on but no display and when it does display, it cant install windows because when i try it loads up the windows loading cirlcle then freezes, or it will try to reboot but wont show display, allso with install itll try boot past brub then black screen, ive tried difforent ram, the cpu worked in another rig and ive tried 2 difforent gpus... i also have update latest bios and the motherboard is MSI a320m a pro

full system specs (be SPECIFIC IN THE PARTS AND SPECS) AND bios CONFIG

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

a320m a pro msi mobo, ram 1x 8gb and 1x4gb, gpu intel a380 gpu, r7 2700 cpu

24 minutes ago, FlynnonLTT said:

bump

well.. if you want an answer.. they will want ram part number, current bios config etc..  if you checked that the ram was on QVL etc.. 

18 minutes ago, Robchil said:

well.. if you want an answer.. they will want ram part number, current bios config etc..  if you checked that the ram was on QVL etc.. 

well its your generic 8gb ram stick idk where from 2100mhz, and 1 4gb ram stick from hyperx 2800mhz, default bios

3 minutes ago, FlynnonLTT said:

remove the 4GB ram stick.. no board likes mixed ram kits. 

and if you want to use them make the slowest in the first channel, that's that what it will default to.. maybe you get the last working in the second channel. 

it only boots with the 4gb in seccond channel with the 8gb removed

13 minutes ago, FlynnonLTT said:

it only boots with the 4gb in seccond channel with the 8gb removed

well.. tough out of luck then.. most boards only boot dual channel when using similar size and speed on the ram sticks.

so the memory config you CAN use ..:

is either 1 ram chip in one channel. two ram chips in one channel, prefered from same kit for xmp to work. atleast similar timed and size chips.  or 4 ram chips in 2 channel all from 1 kit with 4 identical chips. Some boards will support two different dual kits, but XMP will not work then. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-A-PRO/support#mem feel free to find kits that will fit your use here those are supported by your mainboard. 

the problem isnt that they dont boot, the problem is that it sometimes boots and if it does it wont load into any os with out blackscreen

1 hour ago, FlynnonLTT said:

the problem isnt that they dont boot, the problem is that it sometimes boots and if it does it wont load into any os with out blackscreen

they might be more stabile if you set ram speed to the slowest chip and not on auto. 

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

they might be more stabile if you set ram speed to the slowest chip and not on auto. 

alr ill try that

Ram is super cheap right now, so if shelling out 30-40 bones isn’t a problem you can get 16GB ram in a matched pair.  For around 70 you can pick up 32GB and 110ish will buy 64GB.

Just make sure to consult your board QVL sheet to make sure the RAM is approved compatible to minimize chance of issues.

what you guys arnt getting is that it does boot into grub but not past it. so it isnt a ram issue

42 minutes ago, FlynnonLTT said:

what you guys arnt getting is that it does boot into grub but not past it. so it isnt a ram issue

Getting into bios and loading windows are two very different things. You also said it doesn’t boot sometimes…

You have to be more specific when you are describing the situation. Try these if you have not.

Set BIOS to factory defaults.

1. can you boot into windows with just the 8Gb stick?

2. can you boot into windows with just the 4gb stick?