Game keeps crashing after a few hours

AlexStarr

So lately I have been using my laptop gpu (Radeon 680M) to play Minecraft with but lately I've been having problem with it it's first started freezing and Frame drops to 30fps and then it's started to freeze and completely the screen turn into one of those static on TV and then it closes how do I fix this

sounds to me like it is heating up to a point where it simply begs for mercy.

if you have been using the laptop in bed or on a table with a table cloth the first thing i would check is that the air vents are not clogged with dirt dust fibers pet hair etc etc.

Also you could try elevating the laptop by placing a couple of small equal sized items under the laptop at the back near the screen. two simple plasitc screw tops from a water bottle would be fine to test if it helps.

the 680m was only released in 2022 or not ? so you laptop is quite new. if a bit of cleaning and extra airflow so that the laptop simply sit on a table top and heat up to where it ceases to work properly check your warranty info. 

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

if you have been using the laptop in bed or on a table with a table cloth the first thing i would check is that the air vents are not clogged with dirt dust fibers pet hair etc etc.

Also you could try elevating the laptop by placing a couple of small equal sized items under the laptop at the back near the screen. two simple plasitc screw tops from a water bottle would be fine to test if it helps.

the 680m was only released in 2022 or not ? so you laptop is quite new. if a bit of cleaning and extra airflow so that the laptop simply sit on a table top and heat up to where it ceases to work properly check your warranty info. 

Everytime I check the temp keeps on around 38-50 c° I use Lenovo legion 5 pro with an extra laptop stand 

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

Actually a bit of extra info 

A few months ago I re installed the graphic driver new because the amd adreneline software won't launch so I completely download it new

50c sounds quite normal/

you can do two things to help try and see what is happening.

Download HWinfo64 when you open the app select sensors only then run a game. 

when you quit the game the sensors panel will let you see how high the temps got at their highest their average and their lowest.

the other thing to do is open event viewer and look to see if anything is listed when your laptop crashed.

if it is too cluttered to make any sense of you can safely delete the logs and then it will simply begin creating new logs from that point forwards so if you crash open the event viewer immediately as you then have the most recent events in view.

With the HWinfo looking at the temps whilst running games you can check GPU and CPU also their respective power draw and also how many percent each had used..

Hopefully via these two tools you can track down what the issue is that causes the PC to seize up and then start dropping the frames so badly etc.

If it turns out to be hardware and not soemthing you can fix with an update or software then you might need to use the warranty as I expect your Laptop is still within the warranty as the Radeon 680M went on sale 4th January 2022.