Is my CPU supposed to be doing this?

dark0angel13

I built my pc in January and have had no real issues until recently. When I boot up it takes a while (almost a minute) and then when I get to my desktop I get a pop up saying my display driver are messed up according to adrenaline. I’ve used DDU multiple times due to the software just not working or refusing to open. 

so I went into armory crate to see if my mobo needed an update and at idle it’s saying all my cores. Every single one on my Ryzen 9 7900x are maxed out at 5499 MHz. So I opened Ryzen master and the PPT is red and is fluctuating from 94-100%. What is wrong? I’m afraid this rig is going to explode. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, dark0angel13 said:

I built my pc in January and have had no real issues until recently. When I boot up it takes a while (almost a minute) and then when I get to my desktop I get a pop up saying my display driver are messed up according to adrenaline. I’ve used DDU multiple times due to the software just not working or refusing to open. 

so I went into armory crate to see if my mobo needed an update and at idle it’s saying all my cores. Every single one on my Ryzen 9 7900x are maxed out at 5499 MHz. So I opened Ryzen master and the PPT is red and is fluctuating from 94-100%. What is wrong? I’m afraid this rig is going to explode. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Relax, its not going to explode.  Haven't had time to check all the pictures and come to a conclusion yet, just wanted to write fast that nothing is going to happen, dont worry.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Relax, its not going to explode.  Haven't had time to check all the pictures and come to a conclusion yet, just wanted to write fast that nothing is going to happen, dont worry.

Thank you I feel less panicked now lol but I’m still worried. It’s telling me my voltage is 1.4 and this is at idle. I’m so confused 

7 minutes ago, dark0angel13 said:

Thank you I feel less panicked now lol but I’m still worried. It’s telling me my voltage is 1.4 and this is at idle. I’m so confused 

armoury crate might be messin around a bit. In Ryzen Master the avg core voltage is 1.247 and the core clocks looks normal.  You are running a 7900x so it has onboard GPU, go in to your BIOS and disable the iGPU, that could fix the display driver problem. ( Only do this if you have a normal GPU ) Long boot times are normal with the DDR5 modules on AM5 systems, mine is the same, very very common. All my cores are running at 5.2-5.3ghz with my 7700x in idle as well, nothing to worry about.

armoury crate might be messin around a bit. In Ryzen Master the avg core voltage is 1.247 and the core clocks looks normal.  You are running a 7900x so it has onboard GPU, go in to your BIOS and disable the iGPU, that could fix the display driver problem. ( Only do this if you have a normal GPU ) Long boot times are normal with the DDR5 modules on AM5 systems, mine is the same, very very common.

I’ll give that a try but where do I find that option in the BIOS? Also I’m running version 0809 of BIOS and the latest version is 1616 should I update my BIOS? Or should I not? 

(trying to wrap my inexperienced mind around this)...so PPT is the motherboard's measurement of the CPU socket power, not necessarily the wattage actually being consumed by the chip.  Is there a chance this is a motherboard sensor hiccup/failure? (would make sense that Armoury Crate was utilizing the Asus mobo sensors).   I'm wondering if there's another way to look at what the CPU reports directly. 

I'm left wondering what something like HWinfo64 actually monitors...the mobo reporting or the real reporting from the CPU?
Apologies that this isn't any kind of direct help...kind of tagging along with your post to maybe glean these types of details.

Just now, JLssg4 said:

(trying to wrap my inexperienced mind around this)...so PPT is the motherboard's measurement of the CPU socket power, not necessarily the wattage actually being consumed by the chip.  Is there a chance this is a motherboard sensor hiccup/failure? (would make sense that Armoury Crate was utilizing the Asus mobo sensors).   I'm wondering if there's another way to look at what the CPU reports directly. 

I'm left wondering what something like HWinfo64 actually monitors...the mobo reporting or the real reporting from the CPU?
Apologies that this isn't any kind of direct help...kind of tagging along with your post to maybe glean these types of details.

I do have HWinfo installed but I honestly don’t understand half of what I see on it. 

how would I find out if my mobo has an issue? 

since all this started my main display monitor isn’t really working well. I’m having to rely on my secondary monitor for BIOS settings 

11 minutes ago, dark0angel13 said:

I’ll give that a try but where do I find that option in the BIOS? Also I’m running version 0809 of BIOS and the latest version is 1616 should I update my BIOS? Or should I not? 

I'll get back to you later, its 4:30AM and I need sleep ^^ I'll help you out tomorrow if you are still having issues or need help with the BIOS.  Rest assure though, your PC is working fine atm and nothing is going to explode or break, you can game and use it as normal. guaranteed.

I'll get back to you later, its 4:30AM and I need sleep ^^ I'll help you out tomorrow if you are still having issues or need help with the BIOS.  Rest assure though, your PC is working fine atm and nothing is going to explode or break, you can game and use it as normal. guaranteed.

Sleep well and thank you for the reassurances I appreciate it! After looking through every option in the BIOS settings I did find and was able to disable it so hopefully I didn’t resin everything. Fingers crossed. 

I also noticed there is a DOCP 1 and 2 option what is the difference? Should I changed from option one to two? 

1 hour ago, dark0angel13 said:

Sleep well and thank you for the reassurances I appreciate it! After looking through every option in the BIOS settings I did find and was able to disable it so hopefully I didn’t resin everything. Fingers crossed. 

I also noticed there is a DOCP 1 and 2 option what is the difference? Should I changed from option one to two? 

In HWinfo, can you show us the motherboard and cpu voltages? Start the program in sensors only mode. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

In HWinfo, can you show us the motherboard and cpu voltages? Start the program in sensors only mode. 

How do I do that? 

7 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

I don’t know how to do sensor only mode but in hwinfo I can see everything but my mobo. It’s always been like that since I installed hwinfo. I don’t know why. But here is what it says now. The pic is currently idle 

image.jpg

Besides the point but : enabling memory context restore in Bios solves long boot times on AM5.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black