Mystery light on my motherboard behind my GPU?

Go to solution Solved by KantoKairyu,
34 minutes ago, UnusualDevices said:

it's onboard rgb. it's red in the promotional images for that mobo.

AESTHETICS.jpg

Ahh, thank you! That's a relief lmfao

When I boot up my PC this weird pinkish white light turns on after a few seconds, the red VGA LED on my motherboard stays on for a few seconds before turning off but this white light stays on while my PC is running

I don't think my PC is suffering from any ill effects, it seems to run fine. This is a pretty new build, I've been using it for about a month and I'm happy with it but I can't find any information on what this light means.

I removed and remounted the GPU and reconnected all my power pins yet it remains on.

Anyone have any idea what this means? I've attached a video showing the light along with just a standalone pic

Specs:

Windows 11

B650 Aorus Elite AX

Ryzen 5 7600

RTX 3070-TI

IMG-7617.mov

IMG-7618.jpg

34 minutes ago, UnusualDevices said:

it's onboard rgb. it's red in the promotional images for that mobo.

AESTHETICS.jpg

Ahh, thank you! That's a relief lmfao

1 hour ago, KantoKairyu said:

B650 Aorus Elite AX

It's an onboard RGB that is quite a standard on GIGABYTE AORUS Motherboard

If it bothers you, you may disable or customize it at GIGABYTE CONTROL CENTER (GCC) at RGB Fusion section
Here is an example of mine (B650 AORUS ELITE AX)

I also add highlight to indicate location of the RGB onboard light that you mentions

image.thumb.png.597d374871dcb250b5684dc4452ead3f.png

P.S. Never thought met someone with exact same motherboard as mine here, congrats on your purchase and build

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

1 hour ago, KantoKairyu said:

Ryzen 5600

Wait, I just realised that your CPU is 5600 while using B650 Mobo. Is it a typo? Do you actually mean Ryzen 7600?

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

43 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Wait, I just realised that your CPU is 5600 while using B650 Mobo. Is it a typo? Do you actually mean Ryzen 7600?

I'm a fool, you're right, I'll edit the post to reflect that right now

57 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

It's an onboard RGB that is quite a standard on GIGABYTE AORUS Motherboard

If it bothers you, you may disable or customize it at GIGABYTE CONTROL CENTER (GCC) at RGB Fusion section
Here is an example of mine (B650 AORUS ELITE AX)

I also add highlight to indicate location of the RGB onboard light that you mentions

image.thumb.png.597d374871dcb250b5684dc4452ead3f.png

P.S. Never thought met someone with exact same motherboard as mine here, congrats on your purchase and build

Thank you!

11 hours ago, KantoKairyu said:

I'm a fool, you're right, I'll edit the post to reflect that right now

Don't be so hard on yourself

Enjoy your new build, and welcome to this community

Phone: