Windows 7- USB and Ethernet ports not working, drivers not found

haich

I need a windows 7 installation on my laptop in order to get some specific BMW software working to scan my car. I have a single hdd with windows 7 on it that lives in my computer (used to be my main PC hard drive), so I cloned it to an empty laptop drive I had. Windows boots up fine, but I don't have any working USB ports or ethernet on the laptop with the windows 7 drive installed. Looks like there aren't any drivers, and trying to update the drivers through  windows gives me no luck. I figure I might be able to get some drivers for the laptop and upload them directly to the drive from my PC, and then run them on the laptop, but I'm unsure why there wouldn't even be default windows drivers for these devices. I also don't specifically need to use this install of windows, so if someone knows of a way to just get a win 7 iso working on a thumb drive so I can create a fresh install, I would be down to try that.

image.thumb.jpeg.bb20d2d32267d72d3fbd2c260881bab3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, haich said:

I'm unsure why there wouldn't even be default windows drivers for these devices

becuase nobody wrote a driver for an os that wouldnt exist on that hardware.

laptop hardware is proprietary not universal , if nobody made a driver , then the driver doesnt exist

use a computer compatible with windows 7 or run a vm

30 minutes ago, emosun said:

becuase nobody wrote a driver for an os that wouldnt exist on that hardware.

laptop hardware is proprietary not universal , if nobody made a driver , then the driver doesnt exist

use a computer compatible with windows 7 or run a vm

Run a VM. I had car mechanic software that would only run on 2003 and below - just create that environment in a VM and you’re set.

I simply tried a diffenent, older, shittier, more AMD laptop, threw drivers at it, and now it works. My intel laptop didn't take any of the drivers I threw at it and laughed in my face, but the amd readily accepted them for whatever reason. 

5 hours ago, haich said:

older 

is the clue.. don't think anyone has written drivers for newer hardware since win7 support was terminated..