Dual monitor setup just cuts off randomly.

Jyeu
Go to solution Solved by Jyeu,
4 hours ago, bezza... said:

hmm try updating the bios?

Figured it out. Custom cablemod PCIe cables wasn’t delivering enough power.

Pc Specs:

Gigabyte x570i aorus pro wifi

Ryzen 7 5800x3d

msi rtx4090 gaming x trio

32GB ram

1000w PSU

not sure what happened but my monitors both randomly cut off when playing a game. Cyberpunk 2077 just running benchmarks. Not sure what would cause that. Any ideas? Computer is a custom loop and idk if heat would cause that but the PC is still on and running.

I did run another benchmark and the sound did cut off too. I’m lost. 

what are temps? is it a full pc crash?

53 minutes ago, bezza... said:

what are temps? is it a full pc crash?

I wasn’t able to catch the readings. I’m going to assume it’s a full PC crash because I lose sound from the PC as well as the dual monitors going black as well. 

Currently can’t get the PC to crash or whatever was crashing before. What I did differently was update the bios to the latest version available on gigabyte x570 series and then changed bios settings to what I had previously which was XMP for ram, curve optimizations to negative 30 (pre bios update) then upped it to negative 20 instead (post update). After that I just tried to run a benchmark of my system with maxed out 4K settings and all the new graphical settings for cyberpunk and I think it’s fixed?

18 minutes ago, Jyeu said:

I wasn’t able to catch the readings. I’m going to assume it’s a full PC crash because I lose sound from the PC as well as the dual monitors going black as well. 

Currently can’t get the PC to crash or whatever was crashing before. What I did differently was update the bios to the latest version available on gigabyte x570 series and then changed bios settings to what I had previously which was XMP for ram, curve optimizations to negative 30 (pre bios update) then upped it to negative 20 instead (post update). After that I just tried to run a benchmark of my system with maxed out 4K settings and all the new graphical settings for cyberpunk and I think it’s fixed?

Nvm. It happened again. Temps are extremely low. 40’s cpu and 50’s gpu. Whole PC crashes but the computer still runs.

9 hours ago, Jyeu said:

Nvm. It happened again. Temps are extremely low. 40’s cpu and 50’s gpu. Whole PC crashes but the computer still runs.

4 hours ago, bezza... said:

Figured it out. Custom cablemod PCIe cables wasn’t delivering enough power.