New Build, Windows 10 Audio Cuts Out and Doesn't Come Back.

loomer0

I built a new pc a few weeks ago, and I keep getting this issue while playing certain games. It doesn't happen all the time, only about 10% of the time that I boot up my PC and play games, but it is enough to annoy me. At some point, the game will have one big stutter, and then my audio will cut out. This isn't my headset or just the game's audio cutting out, it cuts out for my entire PC. Does anyone have any clue where the problem could lay?

5 minutes ago, loomer0 said:

I built a new pc a few weeks ago, and I keep getting this issue while playing certain games. It doesn't happen all the time, only about 10% of the time that I boot up my PC and play games, but it is enough to annoy me. At some point, the game will have one big stutter, and then my audio will cut out. This isn't my headset or just the game's audio cutting out, it cuts out for my entire PC. Does anyone have any clue where the problem could lay?

• Update your audio drivers
  • Check if there are any conflicts between your audio drivers and other drivers
  • Check if there are any conflicts between your audio drivers and other software
  • Check if there are any conflicts between your audio drivers and other hardware
  • Check if there are any conflicts between your audio drivers and Windows 10
  • Check if there are any conflicts between your audio drivers and your motherboard’s BIOS settings

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

11 minutes ago, loomer0 said:

How is your audio setup? Are you using the 3.5mm from the motherboard or a USB audio device or the 3.5mm/speakers from a display? That'll usually help narrow down where an issue may be, since we're likely talking about audio device issues here.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017