Replacement for Phanteks P300A side pannel?

aydyn43

Hey everyone my side panel on my P300A recently broke and Phanteks no longer offers the replacement part for the side panel. Essentially leaving me with nothing to have on the side of my pc. What would be the best thing to replace it without getting a new case? Something to possibly put over it to use as a diy?

4 minutes ago, aydyn43 said:

Hey everyone my side panel on my P300A recently broke and Phanteks no longer offers the replacement part for the side panel. Essentially leaving me with nothing to have on the side of my pc. What would be the best thing to replace it without getting a new case? Something to possibly put over it to use as a diy?

You wanna ghetto it or make it look pretty?   Tape and cardboard?

6 minutes ago, aydyn43 said:

Phanteks is still selling P300As so they should have spare parts ??

Else the new G300A panel looks very similar, ask them if it's compatible...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You wanna ghetto it or make it look pretty?   Tape and cardboard?

i mean it would look better with no sidepannel + better airflow??? in all seriousness do what @PDifolco said

Did you contact their support?
They sent me a replacement pcie riser for my shift air no questions asked as soon as I had an issue.

To clarify: that case is a couple years old. So maybe you'll get lucky.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

23 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Phanteks is still selling P300As so they should have spare parts ??

Else the new G300A panel looks very similar, ask them if it's compatible...

17 minutes ago, Jerakl said:

Did you contact their support?
They sent me a replacement pcie riser for my shift air no questions asked as soon as I had an issue.

To clarify: that case is a couple years old. So maybe you'll get lucky.

Their support told me they no longer make that part and switched it out for a swinging door type of panel.

Any fix that's going to look really good is going to be nearly as expensive as just getting a new case. The P300A is back down to $60 again in the US, so that's going to be your price limit, as you could just buy another one.

The cheapest and simplest fix I can think of would be tape and plastic wrap. That should cost you about $2 if you need to buy a roll of tape and a roll of plastic wrap, or is free if you have those in the house already. It's jank as can be, but pretty fool-proof. They make rolls of plastic wrap that are about the same width as the side panel itself, so you may not even have to tape two pieces together or anything.

Another option would be a piece of cardboard or poster board. If you have no budget, you can go down to your local grocery store and ask if they have any spare boxes - they will happily give you a box that product came in that should be an appropriate size. Cut it to size and wedge it into the slot at the front of the side, then use tape to hold it down in the back. If you need to buy a piece of cardboard. That fix should run you about $3 if you need to buy the cardboard or poster board along with a roll of tape.

You could also get some black fabric to go over the side. If you have a local fabric store, they often will sell scraps for fairly cheap, and black is a pretty common color, so they probably have some scraps left over from a roll that was cut for another customer. (I believe the term they use for this is a "partial") For this, you'd need to use a nicer adhesive, so you might as well just go all-out and get velcro pieces that are meant to adhere to fabric, then put one side on the fabric and the other side on the case. That way, the side panel is still easily removable. And if you do have a local fabric store, you might be able to do the whole thing for under $20, depending on how cheaply you can get the fabric.

Otherwise, if Phanteks support won't sell you a new side panel, you're probably better off getting a new case. Other options like plexiglass sheets are going to be much more pricy and time consuming, to the point that it's probably not worth it.

2 minutes ago, aydyn43 said:

Their support told me they no longer make that part and switched it out for a swinging door type of panel.

The brand new G300A hasn't swinging doors, they're telling you crap...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Any fix that's going to look really good is going to be nearly as expensive as just getting a new case. The P300A is back down to $60 again in the US, so that's going to be your price limit, as you could just buy another one.

The cheapest and simplest fix I can think of would be tape and plastic wrap. That should cost you about $2 if you need to buy a roll of tape and a roll of plastic wrap, or is free if you have those in the house already. It's jank as can be, but pretty fool-proof. They make rolls of plastic wrap that are about the same width as the side panel itself, so you may not even have to tape two pieces together or anything.

Another option would be a piece of cardboard or poster board. If you have no budget, you can go down to your local grocery store and ask if they have any spare boxes - they will happily give you a box that product came in that should be an appropriate size. Cut it to size and wedge it into the slot at the front of the side, then use tape to hold it down in the back. If you need to buy a piece of cardboard. That fix should run you about $3 if you need to buy the cardboard or poster board along with a roll of tape.

You could also get some black fabric to go over the side. If you have a local fabric store, they often will sell scraps for fairly cheap, and black is a pretty common color, so they probably have some scraps left over from a roll that was cut for another customer. (I believe the term they use for this is a "partial") For this, you'd need to use a nicer adhesive, so you might as well just go all-out and get velcro pieces that are meant to adhere to fabric, then put one side on the fabric and the other side on the case. That way, the side panel is still easily removable. And if you do have a local fabric store, you might be able to do the whole thing for under $20, depending on how cheaply you can get the fabric.

Otherwise, if Phanteks support won't sell you a new side panel, you're probably better off getting a new case. Other options like plexiglass sheets are going to be much more pricy and time consuming, to the point that it's probably not worth it.

I was looking around and someone said I could possibly use a mesh sheet to replace it? Obviously come cutting to do with that but would that be safe?

Just now, PDifolco said:

The brand new G300A hasn't swinging doors, they're telling you crap...

Sorry I was wrong instead of a 4 screw side panel its like a back mounted panel that won't fit on my case I kinda just made the assumption of that sorry.

2 minutes ago, aydyn43 said:

Sorry I was wrong instead of a 4 screw side panel its like a back mounted panel that won't fit on my case I kinda just made the assumption of that sorry.

Mmm is there several P300As submodels ? This one has back mounted panel :

https://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P300A.html

same as 

https://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-G300A.html

6 minutes ago, aydyn43 said:

I was looking around and someone said I could possibly use a mesh sheet to replace it? Obviously come cutting to do with that but would that be safe?

You can do that, and it's "safe" in that it won't hurt anything as long as the mesh is pulled taut and is secure so it doesn't flop into the case and get caught in a fan or something.

It's going to change the air flow profile quite a bit, though, if it's a mesh. You won't have a nice wind-tunnel style effect anymore, where air flows in through the front and straight out the back. It may be an improvement, or it may be a hindrance. Hard to say. But it will probably result in more dust build-up unless the mesh is very fine.