What type of VRAM is best for 16k workstation PC???

Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

Faster vram will help with video editing more than higher quantities of vram would. 4k editing with gpu acceleration will use a lot of vram but would cap out way, way before hitting 24gb. Faster vram would be beneficial.

Now this also all depends on the gpus in question. If it was a matter of two otherwise identical gpus but with different vram setups, faster > more. But if you’re comparing different gpus there’s other factors to consider.

48gb/more VRAM or 24gb GDDR7 VRAM/same amount of VRAM but higher bandwidth which is faster for my use case???

Gaming+OBS studio+effects+pushing dsr resalootion to the maximum extent of the code+video editing in resolve!!!!!!!

2023-01-06_21-32-47.thumb.jpg.581ca6bd87fb5781144a79906d598d50.jpg

Faster vram will help with video editing more than higher quantities of vram would. 4k editing with gpu acceleration will use a lot of vram but would cap out way, way before hitting 24gb. Faster vram would be beneficial.

Now this also all depends on the gpus in question. If it was a matter of two otherwise identical gpus but with different vram setups, faster > more. But if you’re comparing different gpus there’s other factors to consider.

Anything from 4090 to the leaks of the RTX 50 series I don't want a definite I just want a approximate of 2.6 times the current limitations of the consumer GPU industry!!!