[FIXED] BSOD Video Memory Management Internal

nerdynath97

Hi there I am wondering why my PC is having the video memory management internal error when I play games. I have ran heaven benchmark for hours on end however as soon as I go into a after a few minutes or couple hours I get the memory management error.

I have followed the advice from the following link and still getting the error https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/video-memory-management-internal-error/ 

PC hardware: 

X670 E pro (ASUS)

64gb 5600MHz Corsair vengeance (DOCP on)

R5 7600x no overclock only normal boost out of box

1080ti gigabyte OC version (error occured without and with overclock, overclock done by moving sliders in MSI afterburner and +75 on core clock and +300 on memory clock)

CPU cooler is be quiet dark rock 3 but the white version.

MSI MEG AI1300P which is 1300 watt 80+ plat

in a case with 10 fans it is the O11 dynamic XL and using L connect to run fans at standard speed but also happens at 100%

Edit:

Forgot OS which is windows 10 x64 and built the system myself.

49 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

Try using DDU to remove the old GPU driver, then install a fresh one from Nvidia's website. If it still crashes I would try the GPU in a different machine as a faulty GPU would be my main suspect. 

I repasted and re thermal pad the GPU could the contact for thermal pads cause an issue if they arent contacting properly? specifically the memory chips?

I will try DDU and reinstall fresh now and see how it goes

I sadly don't have a second machine nor are my friends close to try it in their nor do they have the down time for me to test it as it can take up to 2 hours in a game actively playing for the error to occur.

13 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

Try using DDU to remove the old GPU driver, then install a fresh one from Nvidia's website. If it still crashes I would try the GPU in a different machine as a faulty GPU would be my main suspect. 

Thank you for the advice about DDU. This has worked so far as I have played the game that crashed the most and the fastest for some time last night and now again today and it has not crashed. 

Thank you for your help 🙂