[Solved] Inconsistent crashes

finally decided to make an account and ask people here for help, because I'm out of ideas myself.

I do work in IT but my field is networking, not PC hardware, so if you have any ideas, I'm probably adept at implementing them, if pointed to instructions.

The Problem:

I've built a new PC earlier this year and I've had weird problems with it ever since I built it.

The parts were bought at different shops, it wasn't a prebuilt.
Applications like games and sometimes even individual Firefox tabs crash sometimes, and I'm unable to reproduce it, even when doing the exact same things after a reboot.

Sometimes Games are unable to be started again after crashing once, happened with F1 2020/Borderlands 3/Minecraft and some other, less well known games.

The F1 2020 crash was the weirdest, as that one crashed only once but was then crashing every time with a bugsplat, as soon as it got to the initial loading screen.

Error Messages include but are not limited to:
BL3: Low Level Fatal Error
MC: Exception_Access_Violation 0xc0000005

What I've Tried:

-purged graphics drivers with DDU and uninstalled Windows Updates

-Completely reinstalled Windows

-Tried various constellations of d.o.c.p. enabled/disabled/different profiles

-Run Memtest86+ (about 4-5 Hours, no errors shown)

-Run 3DMark/Cinebench/Furmark as a stress test (never crashed in those)
-Re-seated CPU/Memory
-Swapped Order of memory
-installed only half my memory in different combinations

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
RAM: 64GB (4x 16GB) Crucial DDR5-4800 CL40
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS
Primary Drive: 1TB Crucial P3 Plus
GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING AMD Radeon RX 6950XT
PSU: 1000 Watt Seasonic Prime TX-1000

Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB ELITE 280mm

The only (cheap) idea I still have is to try swapping the memory completely and get a new kit for testing purposes, but I'm starting to doubt if that makes sense.
I haven't contacted the customer support of AMD/ASUS/other Vendors yet, as I have no idea what is actually wrong with it.

I'm open for any suggestions or tests I could run

37 minutes ago, VoiceOS said:

finally decided to make an account and ask people here for help, because I'm out of ideas myself.

I do work in IT but my field is networking, not PC hardware, so if you have any ideas, I'm probably adept at implementing them, if pointed to instructions.

The Problem:

I've built a new PC earlier this year and I've had weird problems with it ever since I built it.

The parts were bought at different shops, it wasn't a prebuilt.
Applications like games and sometimes even individual Firefox tabs crash sometimes, and I'm unable to reproduce it, even when doing the exact same things after a reboot.

Sometimes Games are unable to be started again after crashing once, happened with F1 2020/Borderlands 3/Minecraft and some other, less well known games.

The F1 2020 crash was the weirdest, as that one crashed only once but was then crashing every time with a bugsplat, as soon as it got to the initial loading screen.

Error Messages include but are not limited to:
BL3:  
MC: Exception_Access_Violation 0xc0000005

What I've Tried:

-purged graphics drivers with DDU and uninstalled Windows Updates

-Completely reinstalled Windows

-Tried various constellations of d.o.c.p. enabled/disabled/different profiles

-Run Memtest86+ (about 4-5 Hours, no errors shown)

-Run 3DMark/Cinebench/Furmark as a stress test (never crashed in those)
-Re-seated CPU/Memory
-Swapped Order of memory
-installed only half my memory in different combinations

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
RAM: 64GB (4x 16GB) Crucial DDR5-4800 CL40
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS
Primary Drive: 1TB Crucial P3 Plus
GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING AMD Radeon RX 6950XT
PSU: 1000 Watt Seasonic Prime TX-1000

Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB ELITE 280mm

The only (cheap) idea I still have is to try swapping the memory completely and get a new kit for testing purposes, but I'm starting to doubt if that makes sense.
I haven't contacted the customer support of AMD/ASUS/other Vendors yet, as I have no idea what is actually wrong with it.

I'm open for any suggestions or tests I could run

Have you tried running a disk test? Flashing bios? Updating graphics driver? 

20 minutes ago, phatrattyy said:

Have you tried running a disk test? Flashing bios? Updating graphics driver? 

Yes, updated GPU Drivers multiple times since then, no real change in between versions
Updated the motherboard BIOS multiple times as well, currently on the last non-beta version of my board (version 1409), as the betas Asus is putting out have mainly to do with the AMDs X3D CPUs, so I decided to skip them
I've ran both the Crucial storage executive tools test as well as the disk test of my motherboard, both came back Ok

45 minutes ago, VoiceOS said:

Yes, updated GPU Drivers multiple times since then, no real change in between versions
Updated the motherboard BIOS multiple times as well, currently on the last non-beta version of my board (version 1409), as the betas Asus is putting out have mainly to do with the AMDs X3D CPUs, so I decided to skip them
I've ran both the Crucial storage executive tools test as well as the disk test of my motherboard, both came back Ok

You really tried everything wow. Thats about is all I can offer with my knowledge, All I can say is maybe try swapping out parts and do one at a time until the problem stops. 

• 1 month later...

okay, I think I can say it's fixed now, with a reasonable degree of certainty, but I'll document this just in case someone has a similar issue and stumbles upon this thread

what I've tried in the meantime:
-swap out my memory for a completely new kit, this time only dual channel 16GB (2x 8GB)
-swap my bootdrive

-update my motherboard BIOS again (this time to version 1616)

all of which didn't do anything, what did solve it however, was fiddling around in the BIOS settings

turns out, my motherboard has had the ECC function of DDR5 RAM disabled by default and I've had no problems for about month after enabling it
as I've never gone this long without it acting up at all for this long in any way, I consider it solved