Black Screen of Death...Tried Everything

covertual

Built new PC and after about 9 months, it suddenly started giving a black screen while playing games and whatnot. Sometimes it will restart my computer after black screening for about 10 seconds. I took it to micro-center and they found nothing wrong with hardware, but the issue persists. Sometimes after restarting post-black screen the vga LED comes on for next boot and it won't post. It has already been reimaged, BIOS flashed, and I have double checked multiple driver updates. The event viewer produced a raidport2 controller error, so we updated the SSD firmware. I'm not sure where to go from here and any help would be appreciated. The internals are good as far as temperature and usage.

Specs are:

Rog Strix X670E-F

WD_Black SN850X 2TB NVMe

Zotac 3090 Trinity OC GDDR6X

AMD Ryzen 9 7950x

Trident Z5 ddr5-6000

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G6, 80 plus gold

Given Asus's abysmal current track record with AM5 boards, I'd be willing to guess it's probably related to motherboard.  Happen to know anyone with an MSI or Gigabyte AM5 board just sitting around?  For more information, check out Gamer's Nexus or JayzTwoCents for recent videos on the subject.

I don't unfortunately, so I'd have to bite the bullet to get one.

Per Jay, installing beta BIOS versions voids your warranty, so you may want to avoid flashing beta BIOS if you happen to take that step.  Do check to see if there's a more recent BIOS for your board that isn't alpha or beta.  Perhaps a BIOS update will help, if a stable release exists.

EDIT:
Missed that you flashed your BIOS.  Likely just a bad mobo.  I'd contact Asus to try and set up an RMA, if they'll actually honor it.

25 minutes ago, Vicarian said:

Missed that you flashed your BIOS.  Likely just a bad mobo.  I'd contact Asus to try and set up an RMA, if they'll actually honor it.

They better honor it, especially if he only bought that board 9 months ago. 

If something like that happens to my board and they didn't honor it, that'd be the last ASUS product I ever buy.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Thanks! I’ll try RMA’ing the mobo and then the SSD and so on if that don’t work

12 minutes ago, covertual said:

Thanks! I’ll try RMA’ing the mobo and then the SSD and so on if that don’t work

I'd go motherboard, GPU, and CPU in that order if the motherboard doesn't fix the problem.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!