PC build

Budget is 2500-3600 euro

Scandinavia

I play various games (all from small indie games, to the new mainstream ones) and also use blender, etc.

I use 1440p (My current setup is on my profile)

The goal of the build is to be somewhat silent machine, that is able to pull of great performance on 1440p gaming.

Currently setup is starting to struggle on certain games, even on lower settings.

Currently I have tried to pick various solutions. Some have semi prebuild, some needs to be self build (none of it does any difference to me)

Cheapest seems to be semi prebuild.

Current idea.

Case - Be Quiet! Silent Base 601

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti OC

CPU - Intel Core i7-13700KF CPU

Cooling - Phanteks Glacier One 360MP CPU Watercooling

Ram - Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5 5600MHz 32GB (CL 40)

SSD - 2x (one for os and one for gaming only) Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe M.2 NVME SSD 2TB

Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI Motherboard ASUS
PSU - ROG Strix 850, 850W PSU

I have been thinking about a few other watercooling options, but this one seemed to have alright reviews and seems to be rather silent.

Any suggestions or ideas to what could be swapped for either better synergy or even performance without being too costly. I have and respect AMD options as well, but have decided to go for Intel/Nvidia setup and 4080 is too expenssive from a cost benefit perspective in my region.

Often my builds last 5-6 years (I often do swap a new better GPU in around 3-4 year mark)

I look forward to some feedback.

if your gaming the 7900xt or 7900xtx is a better choise for the gpu as it has more vram so it will last longer and it also just hass better performance

5 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

if your gaming the 7900xt or 7900xtx is a better choise for the gpu as it has more vram so it will last longer and it also just hass better performance

I know it has more vram, but I will upgrade the GPU in a few years anyway. I have a few friends with some of the newer amd GPU´s they all have issues. I might also want to add in that I have a g-sync monitor and that is why I focus mainly on the nvidia, but you are right in the vram and performance aspects.

37 minutes ago, Sahl said:

Budget is 2500-3600 euro

Scandinavia

I play various games (all from small indie games, to the new mainstream ones) and also use blender, etc.

I use 1440p (My current setup is on my profile)

The goal of the build is to be somewhat silent machine, that is able to pull of great performance on 1440p gaming.

Currently setup is starting to struggle on certain games, even on lower settings.

Currently I have tried to pick various solutions. Some have semi prebuild, some needs to be self build (none of it does any difference to me)

Cheapest seems to be semi prebuild.

Current idea.

Case - Be Quiet! Silent Base 601

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti OC

CPU - Intel Core i7-13700KF CPU

Cooling - Phanteks Glacier One 360MP CPU Watercooling

Ram - Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5 5600MHz 32GB (CL 40)

SSD - 2x (one for os and one for gaming only) Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe M.2 NVME SSD 2TB

Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI Motherboard ASUS
PSU - ROG Strix 850, 850W PSU

I have been thinking about a few other watercooling options, but this one seemed to have alright reviews and seems to be rather silent.

Any suggestions or ideas to what could be swapped for either better synergy or even performance without being too costly. I have and respect AMD options as well, but have decided to go for Intel/Nvidia setup and 4080 is too expenssive from a cost benefit perspective in my region.

Often my builds last 5-6 years (I often do swap a new better GPU in around 3-4 year mark)

I look forward to some feedback.

The RAM you have chosen is slow due to high latency and that board is expensive. What is your resolution and what country are you located ... Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland ... ?

11 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

The RAM you have chosen is slow due to high latency and that board is expensive. What is your resolution and what country are you located ... Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland ... ?

Denmark, but I can buy from ie. Norway as well without issue. Sweden often I don´t buy from.

I know the ram is slow, but I am uncertain if its worth the upgrade to lower cl.

10 minutes ago, Sahl said:

Denmark, but I can buy from ie. Norway as well without issue. Sweden often I don´t buy from.

I know the ram is slow, but I am uncertain if its worth the upgrade to lower cl.

What is your resolution and budget (Danish Krone).

1 minute ago, Why_Me said:

What is your resolution and budget (Danish Krone).

Listed in the starter post.

1440p (it is a gsync monitor) budget is 15000-22000 dkk. The lower the better I reckon.

11 minutes ago, Sahl said:

Listed in the starter post.

1440p (it is a gsync monitor) budget is 15000-22000 dkk. The lower the better I reckon.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-argb-review 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z790-A-WIFI-DDR4

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: *ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (978.00kr @ Proshop) 
Motherboard: *MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (2271.00kr @ Proshop) 
Memory: *G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  (1038.00kr @ Proshop) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (1049.00kr @ Proshop) 
Total: 5336.00kr
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-12 17:21 CEST+0200

29 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-argb-review 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z790-A-WIFI-DDR4

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: *ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (978.00kr @ Proshop) 
Motherboard: *MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (2271.00kr @ Proshop) 
Memory: *G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  (1038.00kr @ Proshop) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (1049.00kr @ Proshop) 
Total: 5336.00kr
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-12 17:21 CEST+0200

Thank you. I will take a look at it.

• 1 month later...

I actually got enough to make a build like this. (just an example, in this case I might as well have gone for a 4090, but its overkill for what I do, maybe even the 4080 is and the value is not great, thus why I want to extend the life of current build maybe)

https://dk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2Xt63y

But I am also wondering if it might not be smarter to just get a 4070 and a cheap ssd and extend the life of my current system and wait a year or 1½ with a new build..

I don´t think the 4070 would get bottlenecked to much on 1440p. Ram is ofc old.. DDR4 and low speed, but well. should be alright.