Chromecast Problem

Go to solution Solved by SladeDJWilson,
On 5/12/2023 at 6:58 PM, OddOod said:

Hrmmmm, I've got nothing. It should just work. Honestly I've found Google's over the phone (*shudder*) customer support to spectacular, though sometimes they are just like "well, you're SOL. Have fun with the hidden debug pages I told you about", but that was with EoL hardware so I get it.

hey hi,

I bought a Dual Band Router and did all the configurations and what not. Now its working. Contacted Google Support they did try to help. But getting the router was the solution.

I've bought a 4K Chromecast with Google TV. During the setup process i was trying to connect it to my Wifi but it did not work later I tried on my phone's hotspot still it did not connect and at last I changed my hotspot to 5Ghz and it connected immediately. What should I do to make it connect to my 2.4Ghz network ?

Thank You 

That's.... bonkers. 
Couple questions. What's your wifi router? Can the chromecast see the network but just fails to connect? If not, can your phone see the network when placed in the exact same spot?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 hours ago, OddOod said:

That's.... bonkers. 
Couple questions. What's your wifi router? Can the chromecast see the network but just fails to connect? If not, can your phone see the network when placed in the exact same spot?

Yes it can see the Network. I type in the passwords and stuff and then it fails to connect same with my phone's 2.4 Ghz. My router is a ISP provided one. My phone was connected to the Wifi network.

Hrmmmm, I've got nothing. It should just work. Honestly I've found Google's over the phone (*shudder*) customer support to spectacular, though sometimes they are just like "well, you're SOL. Have fun with the hidden debug pages I told you about", but that was with EoL hardware so I get it.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 6:58 PM, OddOod said:

hey hi,

I bought a Dual Band Router and did all the configurations and what not. Now its working. Contacted Google Support they did try to help. But getting the router was the solution.