Looking for Advice on CH341A Clips

CL.ACT

I work in a second hand PC shop and we get our stuff from businesses and government branches so we occasionally get BIOS locked devices. I've learnt how to de-solder and reprogram but I've got a batch of 8 laptops with 2 BIOS chips so 16 all up and I don't have the time to disassemble, reprogram, and re-solder them all so I was going to get some clips but I've been told that these can corrode (especially the cheap ones) very quickly and become unusable after a couple of uses. Can anyone recommend a good quality clip and connectors so I can connect it to my CH341 MinProgramment or even a way to keep the contacts protected so they don't corrode?

do you mean the clips that go directly to the bios chip?

I have never had that issue with either of my clips and used loads of times..what would even cause them to corrode?

They are a little fragile and after extensive clipping un-clipping if using without being gentle they can become somewhat out of alignment, but mine still work no issues after some years

16 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

I have never had that issue with either of my clips and used loads of times..what would even cause them to corrode?

They are a little fragile and after extensive clipping un-clipping if using without being gentle they can become somewhat out of alignment, but mine still work no issues after some years

I'm not sure, maybe the connection wasn't great with too much voltage or there was something on the contact, I think they have been buying the cheap ones but they all seem to be the same. If that's the case though I'll pick one up and I guess and keep it clean and hope for the best.

58 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

So I just had a chat with them again and I had misunderstood, apparently the plastic at the ends wore out but the reckon padding it might fix it

You could try 3M test clips I personally don't have any experience with them but they may be higher quality then Chinese clips.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/c/electronics-components/interconnect-products/breadboards-test-clips/test-clips/

Please refresh before you reply because I edit my posts. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not responsible for any damages or losses caused by the content I share.

_________________________________________________________________________________