Adb install as google app.

noboi90

Hello all,i apolagize if this is the wrong place to post this, and if so, please direct me elsewhere. On to the problem:

An app I want to use android auto in an app NOT installed from the play store. Even though it is not exactly the same app, ive been using this guide from XDA developers.

however, my zfold4 is not rooted, (it cant be to my knowledge, as its the us version) and it doesnt have an SD-card slot. how do i install this app as if it were installed from the play store?

heres what ive reied:

- following the guide word for word until it asks for the sdcard path, then entering my pcs path to the apk instead, i get the error: 

Consider using a file under /data/local/tmp/
Error: Can't open file: C:test.apk

Exception occurred while executing 'install':
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error: Can't open file: C:test.apk
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.setParamsSize(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:625)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.doRunInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1480)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1446)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:238)
        at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)
        at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:7071)
        at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:1085)
        at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:903)
        at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4962)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:7055)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1321)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1280)

if i replace the "\" with "/" i get the same error. does anyone have a fix?

13 minutes ago, noboi90 said:

- following the guide word for word until it asks for the sdcard path, then entering my pcs path to the apk instead, i get the error: 

Consider using a file under /data/local/tmp/
Error: Can't open file: C:test.app

Your phone can't see/access paths on your PC, that's not going to work.

An easy option would be to mail the file to yourself, then just click the attachment in the phone's mail app.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

On 5/8/2023 at 11:42 AM, Eigenvektor said:

Your phone can't see/access paths on your PC, that's not going to work.

An easy option would be to mail the file to yourself, then just click the attachment in the phone's mail app.

But then it wouldn't be installed as if it was from the play store right? I need it to think it's from the play store to use android auto.

22 minutes ago, noboi90 said:

But then it wouldn't be installed as if it was from the play store right? I need it to think it's from the play store to use android auto.

Installing the app from an SD card or from an email makes no difference. In both cases the app is not from the Play Store

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

8 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Installing the app from an SD card or from an email makes no difference. In both cases the app is not from the Play Store

Did you click in the link? That's a guide on how to make android think an apk Is from tbe play store

• 1 month later...

So if you have ADB installed and in your path (so you can call it from any directory in command prompt), you can do `adb push <APK> /sdcard/`

Even though the phone doesn't have an SD card slot, there is an aliased path called /sdcard for your internal storage. Then you can run the install command `pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /sdcard/<APK>`

That should sort it out