Looking for a Good Displayport Switch

I bought this cheap DP switch, soldered off the button switch so I can control it via an ESP8266 that is hooked up to Home Assistant. The thing is the DP switch just completely cuts off the connection from PC to the other when the button is hit which means all my windows on one monitor go to my second all messed up. Since I'm on Windows 11, when I make the switch back to my first PC all the windows go back to the place they were before which is nice. It's just annoying when I switch my main monitor all the windows get messed up on my second monitor.

I was wondering if there are any good DP switches out there that keep a phantom display (I think this is called EDID?) so all the windows don't go messed up on my second monitor? Ideally it's just a DP switch and not a full KVM with USBs and stuff but that's also acceptable if the video can be switched independently from the USB ports. I have a separate USB switch that switches between PCs so I can switch my mouse and keyboard to my first PC if I want to.

i dont know of any DP switches that do EDID cloning.. the level1techs KVM might, but i'm not actually certain it does.

it might be possible to fix this with a pair of those edid cloning dongles, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 2:46 PM, manikyath said:

i dont know of any DP switches that do EDID cloning.. the level1techs KVM might, but i'm not actually certain it does.

it might be possible to fix this with a pair of those edid cloning dongles, though.

All DP KVM switch models from level1techs are not equipped with DisplayPort EDID emulation to all connected systems/ laptop systems.

Currently, there are just few DP KVM switches do support full-time EDID emulation and feeding.   Got DDM KVM switch?