Drop+Sennheiser PC38x vs HIFIMAN SUNDARA vs HiFiMan Edition XS

As the title show, I am trying to decide between these three headphones to replace my old one, which was the Audeze Mobius. (my wife may or may not have taken them from me 馃槄). The main use will be a mixture of gaming, (No FPS or competitive games) watching videos & discord/team calls...but mainly gaming. I am aware that 2 of these would require a Modmic as well. The headphones will be used on PC, no console gaming, and also I should mention I do already have a GSX 1000 audio amp as well. Thanks for any assistance or advise.

51 minutes ago, brightgamer said:

As the title show, I am trying to decide between these three headphones to replace my old one, which was the Audeze Mobius. (my wife may or may not have taken them from me 馃槄). The main use will be a mixture of gaming, (No FPS or competitive games) watching videos & discord/team calls...but mainly gaming. I am aware that 2 of these would require a Modmic as well. The headphones will be used on PC, no console gaming, and also I should mention I do already have a GSX 1000 audio amp as well. Thanks for any assistance or advise.

buy all of them and see which one you like the best then return the ones you don't like. Audio is one of those things that really differs from person to person.聽

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

2 hours ago, brightgamer said:

between the 3 of these if you can power them the edition XS is my favorte sounding. but as stated everything differs form person to person. all 3 are pretty great for gaming the sundara and edition XS is better they have wider sound stages. pretty good imaging, and exceptional layering. so placing people in FPS is pretty easy. but even when it comes to single player games it adds plenty to immersion. 聽 the GSx 1000 is a Really a weak DAC/amp and the sundara and edition XS definitely require way more power. if you can afford to spend another $110 for a schiit magni 3+ a sundara or edition xs will be a great choice but if you prefer to save money the pc 38x is also a great headset especially for gaming.

There are other options you can look into that the GSX聽 1000 will be able to power

https://global.beyerdynamic.com/tygr-300-r.html (personal favorite)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-hd-560s-wired-open-aire-over-the-ear-audiophile-headphones-black/6433188.p?skuId=6433188&intl=nosplash

If you do buy 0an amp t pair with the GSX 1000 your options open up

• 2 weeks later...

If curious I did end up going with the HiFiman Edition XS. I love it can't complain so far. I also did get a Modmic Wireless, thanks for the information, you guys.