PCPartPicker AMD Problems

Has anyone else noticed that for about the last 2 weeks, maybe more that PCPartPicker has been having an issue with AMD CPU & Motherboard pairings?

It just about always says that the Motherboard will need a BIOS update to work with the CPU. For example a Ryzen 5 5600x with a B550 or x570 Motherboard paired together will say that you might need a BIOS update when all B550 and x570 Boards should be 100% ready to go for a 5600x, right?

I am I the only one seeing this, and it's not just the 5600x, it's pretty much all of AM4 when I go to make a build list.

What are your thoughts???

Screenshot2023-05-01at15-25-26ChooseYourParts-PCPartPicker.thumb.png.0a0da833dd43fb976bc9fadccbb65157.png

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

4 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Has anyone else noticed that for about the last 2 weeks, maybe more that PCPartPicker has been having an issue with AMD CPU & Motherboard pairings?

It just about always says that the Motherboard will need a BIOS update to work with the CPU. For example a Ryzen 5 5600x with a B550 or x570 Motherboard paired together will say that you might need a BIOS update when all B550 and x570 Boards should be 100% ready to go for a 5600x, right?

I am I the only one seeing this, and it's not just the 5600x, it's pretty much all of AM4 when I go to make a build list.

What are your thoughts???

Screenshot2023-05-01at15-25-26ChooseYourParts-PCPartPicker.thumb.png.0a0da833dd43fb976bc9fadccbb65157.png

incorrect. Most of these motherboards REQUIRE a bios update. x570 and b550 launched with Ryzen 3000 series. If you did about 2 minutes of looking it up on why that is the case you would have seen that 🙂 Instead of immediately going to post about why something like this is wrong, take a minute to make sure you arent the one with false information.

It even says a specific bios and such, that should have been a clue to you that its not one of the boards that was made directly for 5000 series. There are certain boards that are ryzen 5000 ready out of the box.

22 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

incorrect. Most of these motherboards REQUIRE a bios update. x570 and b550 launched with Ryzen 3000 series. If you did about 2 minutes of looking it up on why that is the case you would have seen that 🙂 Instead of immediately going to post about why something like this is wrong, take a minute to make sure you arent the one with false information.

It even says a specific bios and such, that should have been a clue to you that its not one of the boards that was made directly for 5000 series. There are certain boards that are ryzen 5000 ready out of the box.

Well SORRY!!! You didn't have to explode on me that bad. I didn't know this before hand so I came here to ask, NOT to get my head bitten off!

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

27 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

IRL all new AM4 boards are already updated so don't need any update...

But sure PCP can't assume this and still gives warnings 2 years later, it's a bit confusing, they should add some comments 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones