NVMe Dual Boot

I have installed Win 11 on NVMe M.2 drive with a SSD attached to another port. It boots in Dual Boot mode, It wont boot without the SSD attached. I don't know how I have managed this, I just want to have the NVMe drive as main boot.

I was also wondering does this effect performance of the drive?

OS drives.png

6 minutes ago, LiverpoolLee said:

I have installed Win 11 on NVMe drive with a SSD attached to he other port. It boots in Dual Boot mode, It wont boot without the SSD attached. I don't know how I have managed this, I just want to have the NVMe drive as main boot.

I was also wondering does this effect performance of the drive?

OS drives.png

Most likely your bootloader files ended up in the SSD.

Try looking in Windows Disk Management and see if there's an EFI partition in the SSD.

image.png.e0d54cfd999d38e14b2621e4d4d0b884.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

26 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Most likely your bootloader files ended up in the SSD.

Try looking in Windows Disk Management and see if there's an EFI partition in the SSD.

image.png.e0d54cfd999d38e14b2621e4d4d0b884.png

Yes there is an EFI partition on the SSD (not the one I want to boot from) is there anyway I can fix this or will I have to backup and re-install?

dsk mg.png

Try this post on elevenforums (the page is midway through the topic, you might want to start from page one) it shows the steps to create/ move the EFI partition & files, it might be what you need to save a re install.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/cloning-system-partition-recreating-efi-and-recovery-partitions.2568/page-4#post-190148