Fans - 4x Fractal 180mm 1x 140mm

PSU - SeaSonic Vertex 1200w

SSD - Corsair Core MP600 Pro 4TB

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2860.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

Thermalright Contact Frame

Think thats meant for lapping your ihs lower than the .8 or 1mm that you can do on the stock ilm, think upto around 1.6mm or something

48 minutes ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

MSI Mag Tomahawk X670E

And if you are gonna splurge on x670e might aswell get an x670e-f/a cause those support asyncronous eclk for overclocking your 7800x3d, otherwise a b650 aorus elite/tomahawk would have been a more sensible choice

Neat build anyways

16 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Think thats meant for lapping your ihs lower than the .8 or 1mm that you can do on the stock ilm, think upto around 1.6mm or something

And if you are gonna splurge on x670e might aswell get an x670e-f/a cause those support asyncronous eclk for overclocking your 7800x3d, otherwise a b650 aorus elite/tomahawk would have been a more sensible choice

Neat build anyways

The contact frame is the black frame around the cpu to give better mounting from the cooler to the cpu.

I went with the Mag tomahawk because it was $300, and MSI boards have a bios feature to give a 10 to 12 percent boost on X3D chips, not to mention the Asus boards this gen are not good, and I personally had to RMA 3 before landing on the MSI mag board.

1 minute ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

The contact frame is the black frame around the cpu to give better mounting from the cooler to the cpu.

Dont think this is an issue with am5, just on intel, but if you wish to lap the cpu then i guess you can

2 minutes ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

I went with the Mag tomahawk because it was $300, and MSI boards have a bios feature to give a 10 to 12 percent boost on X3D chips, not to mention the Asus boards this gen are not good, and I personally had to RMA 3 before landing on the MSI mag board.

Sheesh thats bad, in that case youll problably wanna look at the b650e aorus master instead, dont really see a point in spending that much for basically nothing over a b650(m) aorus elite ax or tomahawk (boards 50-120$ cheaper than that x670e tomahawk) cause atleast the b650e aorus master and x670e-a/f have async eclk to justify the price

But if you arent interested in ocing x3d and you dont really wanna bother with returns the x670e tomahawk is alright

Awesome, just the person I'm looking for... I have the exact same cooler in my build, to get some extra GPU clearance (NH-D15S) and I'm considering to get that bracket as well. Since I did have my fair share of issues with the mounting pressure. I had to unscrew the retention screws, one full turn to get the system stable.

Because you have that bracket, did you bottom out the Noctua retention screws? I'm really curious, regarding your experience. Since, in my case, it's pretty sensitive. Maybe this would be a nice fix for me to prevent that issue in the future.

Hope to hear more of your detailed experience, regarding the bracket.

{"anno":"2023Q2","cpu":"AMD Ryzen 9 7950X","board":"Asus ROG Crosshair X670E GENE","ram":{"brand":"Kingston","type":"Fury Beast","size":"64GB","specs":{"version":"DDR5","mts":"6,000MT/s","kit":"2x32GB","cas":36,"trcd":38,"trp":38,"serial":"KF560C36BBEK2-64"}},"gpu":"PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon 7900XTX 24GB","storage":[{"qty":1, "drive":"Kingston Fury Renegade","size":"1TB","interface":"NVMe PCI-e 4.0 x4","specs":{"mtbf":"1,800,000hr","seq-read":"7,300MB/s","seq-write":"6,000MB/s"},"raid":null},{"qty":2,"drive":"Kingston NV2","size":"2TB","interface":"NVMe PCI-e 4.0 x4","specs":{"mtbf":"1,500,000hr","seq-read":"3,500MB/s","seq-write":"2,800MB/s"},"raid":0}],"psu":"Seasonic Prime PX-1300","cooling":["Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black","Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut"],"case":{"brand": "Fractal Design","type":"Torrent Compact","color":"black","rgb":false},"link":"https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p9JVGP","images":"https://photos.app.goo.gl/tZsgjkqaaT4HS1i67"}

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 5:40 AM, McBrown83 said:

Awesome, just the person I'm looking for... I have the exact same cooler in my build, to get some extra GPU clearance (NH-D15S) and I'm considering to get that bracket as well. Since I did have my fair share of issues with the mounting pressure. I had to unscrew the retention screws, one full turn to get the system stable.

Because you have that bracket, did you bottom out the Noctua retention screws? I'm really curious, regarding your experience. Since, in my case, it's pretty sensitive. Maybe this would be a nice fix for me to prevent that issue in the future.

Hope to hear more of your detailed experience, regarding the bracket.

I have not had any problems with mounting pressure, but as far as the NH-D15s, the screws did not bottom out but they are pretty close, I made the screws snug but not tight. The benefits of the bracket have been easier clean up when changing paste or coolers, and temps went down 1 to 2 degrees, but I think its within the realm of margin of error, but the mounting pressure is good based on the paste pattern after looking at the CPU cooler plate.