C drive icon changes to the same as other drives

godofpixels

my C drive icon turns the same as my D drive which is another disk in the system. plus i cannot change neither my system C drive icon or my D drive icon. theyre just the same. i have a new clean installation of windows 8.1. help me someone please. may this be caused by some updates? or maybe viruses? or even software i have installed? i asked the same question on microsoft forum but no one responded on the next day.

17 minutes ago, godofpixels said:

my C drive icon turns the same as my D drive which is another disk in the system. plus i cannot change neither my system C drive icon or my D drive icon. theyre just the same. i have a new clean installation of windows 8.1. help me someone please. may this be caused by some updates? or maybe viruses? or even software i have installed? i asked the same question on microsoft forum but no one responded on the next day.

Screenshot (5).png

That is the default disk icon for drives. Why do you want to change them? What do you want to change them to?

I edit my messages often. Please refresh for the latest message.

I am not always on the same thread. Tag or Quote me to get my attention.

Remember to Mark the solution to help others in the future.

SFF

CPU: R7 3700x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x570-i

RAM: Corsair vengeance 64GB 3200MHz CL16

Cooler: Asetek 645LT

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 AERO

Case: Dan Case A4

Storage: 2TB Sabrent (PCI-E 3.0) - Windows

Storage: 1TB Crucial P5 Plus (PCIE 4.0) - Fedora

Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO (SATA) - Steam

27 minutes ago, JenjerBread said:

That is the default disk icon for drives. Why do you want to change them? What do you want to change them to?

but it was another, basically the same drive icon but with windows logo on it. answering to your question why i want to change them - i dont really know, it just damaging my eyes and it was normal yesterday. and i want to know the reason why did it changed because i didnt changed it. id like to know why it changed itself and how to change it to its default icon

20 minutes ago, godofpixels said:

but it was another, basically the same drive icon but with windows logo on it. answering to your question why i want to change them - i dont really know, it just damaging my eyes and it was normal yesterday. and i want to know the reason why did it changed because i didnt changed it. id like to know why it changed itself and how to change it to its default icon

Ok, I see what you mean now, the small windows Icon has indeed vanished. Your best bet would be to follow method 2 of this guide > https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/65828-drive-icon-change.html

It should still be applicable even though it shows Windows 7

Also, have you restarted windows since you noticed it wasn't there? If not, give that a try first.

I edit my messages often. Please refresh for the latest message.

I am not always on the same thread. Tag or Quote me to get my attention.

Remember to Mark the solution to help others in the future.

SFF

CPU: R7 3700x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x570-i

RAM: Corsair vengeance 64GB 3200MHz CL16

Cooler: Asetek 645LT

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 AERO

Case: Dan Case A4

Storage: 2TB Sabrent (PCI-E 3.0) - Windows

Storage: 1TB Crucial P5 Plus (PCIE 4.0) - Fedora

Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO (SATA) - Steam

5 hours ago, JenjerBread said:

Ok, I see what you mean now, the small windows Icon has indeed vanished. Your best bet would be to follow method 2 of this guide > https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/65828-drive-icon-change.html

Also, have you restarted windows since you noticed it wasn't there? If not, give that a try first.

Thanks, I'll try. I did restarted.

5 hours ago, JenjerBread said:

OH MY GOSH! IT WORKED! Thank you!