Lenovo Legion Y530 overclocking guidance

KNdo

Hi, I need help overclocking my Legion Y530 laptop. I've had it for 2 years, bought it from another person still with warranty. I recently cleaned it really well, changed the thermal paste, upgraded memory from 8GB to 16GB, storage from 512GB to 1,5TB. Tried to play AC Unity and I could only play it with low settings and still get some big frame drops. Tried to overclock GPU (with MSI AB) and carefully CPU (with TS), but I don't think I have the knowledge to do it fully myself so I am asking for help.

It's a Legion Y530 with I5-8300h and GTX 1050TI 4GB

@KNdo

The 8300H is a locked CPU. That means you cannot overclock it. 

Post some screenshots so I can see how ThrottleStop is setup. Include the FIVR and TPL windows. Turn on the Log File option and go play a game for at least 15 minutes. Attach a log file to your next post. 

Many Lenovo laptops have a variety of throttling problems. ThrottleStop might be able to help if it is setup properly. 

What thermal paste did you use? Some popular thermal pastes do not work well for more than a week or two when applied direct die to a mobile CPU. 

If you are using Windows 11, I would disable Virtualization Based Security including core isolation memory integrity. 

https://beebom.com/how-disable-virtualization-based-security-vbs-windows-11/