Looking for a sound card that can handle oscilloscope music.

Go to solution Solved by da na,
3 minutes ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

Ah, you can do it on virtual oscilloscope software. Although my integrated sound card AC'97 is doing fine right now. I'm doing something specific that needs the sound waves to be represented extremely accurately on a oscilloscope. I cannot really tell you more as I am currently writing a thesis that has to do with this matter.

Oh neat!

Well, if you're looking for PCI I have to recommend a classic Sound Blaster, but I have a feeling you need PCIe and modern drivers. Sound Blaster Z has served me quite well, around $100 new but you can get them even cheaper used.

Ah, you can do it on virtual oscilloscope software. Although my integrated sound card AC'97 is doing fine right now. I'm doing something specific that needs the sound waves to be represented extremely accurately on a oscilloscope. I cannot really tell you more as I am currently writing a thesis that has to do with this matter.

Omg, it's a signature!

3 minutes ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

Oh neat!

Well, if you're looking for PCI I have to recommend a classic Sound Blaster, but I have a feeling you need PCIe and modern drivers. Sound Blaster Z has served me quite well, around $100 new but you can get them even cheaper used.

37 minutes ago, da na said:

Oh neat!

What about for external, just use a dongle?

Omg, it's a signature!

1 minute ago, da na said:

That'll be worse than your current internal unless you get a good one from Creative (or any other above the $50 mark that isn't Razer)

I mean like a dongle that is PCI to type c or usb type a since my mini-pc from HP doesn't have any PCI slots that I'm not using

I'm just double checking since I don't know much about sound cards, but I think a dongle wont bottleneck the sound card because of the smaller PCI connector. Correct?

Omg, it's a signature!

3 minutes ago, da na said:

Wait so... you want to put an internal soundcard outside your case using USB? That won't work, you just need a USB DAC

How would I set it up as far as connecting things? How do I connect a sound card to a DAC... 

Also, since I don't know much about DACs either, any recommended models or brands?

Omg, it's a signature!

1 hour ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

How would I set it up as far as connecting things? How do I connect a sound card to a DAC... 

Also, since I don't know much about DACs either, any recommended models or brands?

DAC is an external sound card. Stands for digital to analog converter. Creative Labs makes some good ones that connect over FireWire or USB.

1 hour ago, da na said:

DAC is an external sound card. Stands for digital to analog converter. Creative Labs makes some good ones that connect over FireWire or USB.

Thanks!

Omg, it's a signature!

• 2 weeks later...

try the Fiio BTR line of products. BTR 5 and 7 can turn high powered wired headphones into bluetooth but it also works as a USB DAC. here is a Dankpods video to help explain what they do.

sorry if this wasn't helpful, but this seems like exactly what you need.

3 minutes ago, SONIC122 said:

try the Fiio BTR line of products. BTR 5 and 7 can turn high powered wired headphones into bluetooth but it also works as a USB DAC. here is a Dankpods video to help explain what they do.

sorry if this wasn't helpful, but this seems like exactly what you need.

W dankpods

W frank

W pokcell

Omg, it's a signature!