CorsairLINK 2

harmontt

I recently installed an h100i and started using the CorsairLINK 2 software. I is very solid and easy to use. Any thoughts from other LINK users?

I installed my H100i today with some Silverstone AP121s on it and it almost seems to work fine and well after updating the firmware. I also have 2 AP141s as case fans in other locations that are plugged into LINK via the H100i.

Those two fans perform as asked in the LINK software however one of my other fans (AP121 attached to the rad) does not. It is only one of the two and the issue isn't the fan. It appears the issue is with the corsair LINK fan connector cable.

The issue with it was that whichever of the two fans I had plugged into the offending half of the LINK cable wouldn't operate at a constant RPM no matter which profile I assigned it. It would spin all the way up to max RPM and back down to 0 again but only staying on 0 for a second. This created a very annoying crescendo of noise. It happens to which ever fan is plugged into that connector on any profile. The other fan on that wire will run at constant RPM but only on a max setting. If I attempt to set up custom fan curves it would suffer the same problem as the other fan. I think it might be the cable. A dodgy pin or something.

Both fans work fine and are currently connected directly to my mobo where I am using MSI Control Centre to control them.

If you have any ideas for me that would be great? I was going to contact corsair tomorrow and see about a replacement cable if that turns out to be the issue.

I have an h100, corsair link lighting kit and fan node. They work very well, however corsair link isn't compatible with windows 8 yet. Well version 2.2 isn't I'm currently using version 1.6 which works perfectly. Another problem I have and I'm sure its fixable is when turning on the system my fans rev up anyone know how to fix this ? Other then that love it, my PC is quiet as atm wouldn't mind some f12s to chuck in but :)

For those who have Corsair link - if you're on an Asus Z77 motherboard - their fan and environment control or Link?