Building a casual gaming pc with a 1300 dollar(CAD) budget

Chazzwazz
Go to solution Solved by eggowlred,
4 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

yes, I found out that later 😄

the biggest change I see is the MoBo and the CPU, which is an Intel now. But after a quick search it seems the intel is on avg 22% faster than the 5600 (and of course almost 30% more expensive, but inside the budget so all good) 
I guess my question is it worth the price difference? or I could go with the 5700 and save some buck?

You can’t rly go with a 5700x without getting a 6700 xt https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/whfr4s this beats the ryzen 5000 series cpu with a 6750 xt with it being around the same price as the 5700 with a 6700 xt

Budget (including currency): 1300 Dollars(CAD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Modern games

Other details : Monitor (will upgrade in the future to a 1080p),2 ssd drives (750 gb in total) , mouse and keyboard

I've been tinkering with this build.

Any advice would be helpful

2 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

Other details : Monitor (will upgrade in the future to a 1080p),2 ssd drives (750 gb in total) , mouse and keyboard

You can probably squeeze a b650 motherboard and an r5 7600 into a similar price point. The prices are pretty good now and if its maybe $50 more, its worth it. I'd chop it from the 6750xt down to a 6700xt if needed.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

6 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/L2cC78with this build anything over 600 watt PSU is overkill and you should try to get a 500gb ssd this has two if you can get it change it to 500 gb if you can’t do 1tb

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

You can probably squeeze a b650 motherboard and an r5 7600 into a similar price point. The prices are pretty good now and if its maybe $50 more, its worth it. I'd chop it from the 6750xt down to a 6700xt if needed.

If you can push that, then yes. Keep in mind too if you go AM5, you'll have to adjust budget for DDR5 RAM too.

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

11 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

Monitor (will upgrade in the future to a 1080p),2 ssd drives (750 gb in total) , mouse and keyboard

You already owned these right? Id say to just add another 1TB nvme if these SSDs are SATA based.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($278.95 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG400 BK ARGB 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock B660M Pro RS Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($106.62 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($50.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: SanDisk Ultra 3D 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Patriot P210 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Mushkin Helix-L 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($70.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX6700XT CLD 12G Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($112.36 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1239.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-06 11:09 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 minutes ago, Agall said:

tried to follow your advice but cant find a r5 7600, unless its via Ebay and they all cost more than 300 dollars

Ive heard that 6700xt if you OC it works just as good as the 6750xt, is this true?

Just now, Chazzwazz said:

tried to follow your advice but cant find a r5 7600, unless its via Ebay and they all cost more than 300 dollars

Ive heard that 6700xt if you OC it works just as good as the 6750xt, is this true?

Yes it is

8 minutes ago, eggowlred said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/cLTwLs with this build anything over 600 watt PSU is overkill and you should try to get a 1 tb ssd this has two if you can get it change it to one tb if you can’t do 2tb

forgive me for my ignorance...but is there any way of knowing how much wattage my build will need?

5 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

forgive me for my ignorance...but is there any way of knowing how much wattage my build will need?

Check under compatibility which is at the top

17 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You already owned these right? Id say to just add another 1TB nvme if these SSDs are SATA based.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($278.95 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG400 BK ARGB 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock B660M Pro RS Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($106.62 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($50.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: SanDisk Ultra 3D 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Patriot P210 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Mushkin Helix-L 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($70.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX6700XT CLD 12G Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($112.36 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1239.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-06 11:09 EDT-0400

Purchased for 0$ ? what does this mean?
this looks awesome btw

this looks awesome btw

Normally you already have purchased that item if not it is a bug 

7 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

this looks awesome btw

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/whfr4s Has 2tb ssd better cpu not an overkill PSU 6750xt it is a bit over your budget btw don’t get a k skew cpu those are not able to be overclocked on b660 motherboards

7 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

this looks awesome btw

Its what it meant, youve purchased it. Purchased flags on PCPartPicker is separate from the other way to get 0$ part, its not a bug.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Its what it meant, youve purchased it. Purchased flags on PCPartPicker is separate from the other way to get 0$ part, its not a bug.

the biggest change I see is the MoBo and the CPU, which is an Intel now. But after a quick search it seems the intel is on avg 22% faster than the 5600 (and of course almost 30% more expensive, but inside the budget so all good) 
I guess my question is it worth the price difference? or I could go with the 5700 and save some buck?

You can’t rly go with a 5700x without getting a 6700 xt https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/whfr4s this beats the ryzen 5000 series cpu with a 6750 xt with it being around the same price as the 5700 with a 6700 xt

2 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

First time they recommend me an Nvidia D:
I thought the the 6700 was better overall

Nvidia cards do ray tracing for more and amd does better performance with less ray tracing

7 minutes ago, eggowlred said:

I think this looks like a great deal. the cpu performance compared to the 5600 seems well worth it.
Thanks all of you who participated 
Will buy parts in 15 days, will update if you are interested!

I think this looks like a great deal. the cpu performance compared to the 5600 seems well worth it.
Thanks all of you who participated 
Will buy parts in 15 days, will update if you are interested!

Np glad to help 😄

or I could go with the 5700 and save some buck?

You can definitely do that, but the reason i went for 12th gen is the option to go for 13600KF which would be similar to 5800X3D in performance in games, while having more stability on higher speed RAM. You can definitely go for the 5600 non X route, but of course AM4 is a definite EoL platform while LGA1700 is still technically supported.

6 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

First time they recommend me an Nvidia D:
I thought the the 6700 was better overall

For raw raster yeah, but if youre going to need nvidia specified features you really should just go used in your budget. You can get 3060Ti or 3070 on used market at the price of most 3060 and 3060Ti brand new.

8 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You can definitely do that, but the reason i went for 12th gen is the option to go for 13600KF which would be similar to 5800X3D in performance in games, while having more stability on higher speed RAM. You can definitely go for the 5600 non X route, but of course AM4 is a definite EoL platform while LGA1700 is still technically supported.

For raw raster yeah, but if youre going to need nvidia specified features you really should just go used in your budget. You can get 3060Ti or 3070 on used market at the price of most 3060 and 3060Ti brand new.

i see... so for a 3070 (open box) what would be a good price to pay? 450 dollars?

3 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

i see... so for a 3070 (open box) what would be a good price to pay? 450 dollars?

3070 is not worth it a lot of pc parts that are used and claim to be “like new” or “open box” same thing with unknown brand gpu manufacturers a lot of times those were used mining cards that die if you are lucky almost a year so what I suggested is most likely the way to go

1 minute ago, eggowlred said:

3070 is not worth it a lot of pc parts that are used and claim to be “like new” or “open box” same thing with unknown brand gpu manufacturers a lot of times those were used mining cards that die if you are lucky almost a year so what I suggested is most likely the way to go

MSI GeForce RTX SUPRIM X 3070 - Awesome GPU - Comes with Box & Mouse Pad | eBay

damn, thought I found a bargain  xd