Building a casual gaming pc with a 1300 dollar(CAD) budget

Chazzwazz
Go to solution Solved by eggowlred,
4 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

yes, I found out that later 馃槃

the biggest change I see is the MoBo and the CPU, which is an Intel now. But after a quick search it seems the intel is on avg 22% faster than the 5600 (and of course almost 30% more expensive, but inside the budget so all good)聽
I guess my question is it worth the price difference? or I could go with the 5700 and save some buck?

聽You can鈥檛 rly go with a 5700x without getting a 6700 xt聽https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/whfr4s聽this beats the ryzen 5000 series cpu with a 6750 xt with it being around the same price as the 5700 with a 6700 xt

8 minutes ago, Chazzwazz said:

You can ask the seller for gpu pics with the shroud off and the parts are showing if there is yellow turn it down it鈥檚 a mining card or a heavily used card don鈥檛 take those types of card if not it is a slightly used card that can survive a good amount of time plus it鈥檚 a bid those can skyrocket to a price of a new 3070 if your unlucky so if the parts are not yellow you should make one bid if not the 6750 xt

1 hour ago, Chazzwazz said:

tried to follow your advice but cant find a r5 7600, unless its via Ebay and they all cost more than 300 dollars

Ive heard that 6700xt if you OC it works just as good as the 6750xt, is this true?

Technically the 6750xt has higher bandwidth memory and should be 'binned' a little on the clock speeds, but its within margin of error if you OC the 6700xt. I've seen the gap be like +$50 between the two and its not worth it if that's the case.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012聽 //聽 Professional IT since 2017