floatplane Betaa vs floatplane

so i was bouncing around from beta to regular fp site and while am watching Techlinked i sort of noticed they are not the same, i felt the beta looked much worse
what you guys think 馃槃 ?
the quality on FP beta was bad (even thu setting set on 4k)
so I did click 4K (again on the Beta) it fixed the quality but the colors still different (expected its beta)

however the colors are not the same on both players. maybe it is the way they process the video ? I don't know how these players work , I just thought its interesting to share.
the classic FP look better ,somehow the purple part of his hoodie look better

I link the image if you need to download it to zoom in

https://postimg.cc/ppvH3N6w

FP beta VS FP.png

It could be that they are just linking 1080p version, regardless of the quality setting. I'm not sure, but from downloading videos I assume they don't have active encoding, but load the video based on selected resolution. And since the point of the site is to test features, not video quality, it would make sense to not stress servers more than its needed to test features.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, LogicalDrm said:

It could be that they are just linking 1080p version, regardless of the quality setting. I'm not sure, but from downloading videos I assume they don't have active encoding, but load the video based on selected resolution. And since the point of the site is to test features, not video quality, it would make sense to not stress servers more than its needed to test features.

the difference between them is not 1080p vs 4K. its less than that