Need help buying Bluetooth dongle - BT 5.0 vs 5.3.

artemiskiss...

My Motherboard doesn't come with bluetooth onboard, and I need a bluetooth (BT) adapter (only bluetooth important as I don't need wifi). I don't feel like spending AUD 50+ for good PCIe based wifi+BT cards, and my best option seems to be a usb dongle. I have two options: a TP-Link BT 5.0 card which is quite popular and readily available on Amazon, or BT 5.3 dongles from less reputable brands like Baseus or UGREEN which I need to purchase through Aliexpress. Do you think the tradeoff is worth it? Well known brand/older hardware/one-day delivery OR lesser known brand/modern hardware/2 week delivery? 

23 minutes ago, artemiskiss... said:

Also, PCIe doesn't make sense since even product page says BT 5.3 only has 16Mbit speeds, which leave plenty of headroom, even on USB 2.0. 

Here are the product links btw: 

Baseus: Baseus BT 5.3 Dongle

TP-Link: TP-Link 5.0 Bluetooth dongle

PCIe is because you normally get Bluetooth with a WiFi card, though the Bluetooth is still using USB over the M.2 slot or an internal USB header for the standard PCIe cards.

Its better than a USB dongle as the antennas are far superior, although you really need antennas with a cable to plug them in so you can place them in a good position for reception. (or in my case I have a super insanely tall antenna that just clears the top of the PC case)

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7