Sony 85 X850g USB port

Hi Gents, I'm new here, I read the threads on connecting a gigabit ethernet adapter to the USB port on the back of a Sony 4k tv. I've used a cable matters adapter, and a U green adapter, neither of those worked.  I also read  that a gentleman used a TP link UE 300 and that did work. Another gentleman mentioned that the key is to enable Developer options. My ? is once Developer option is opened what would be the next step?   Thanks.

2 hours ago, Angel Nieves said:

Hi Gents, I'm new here, I read the threads on connecting a gigabit ethernet adapter to the USB port on the back of a Sony 4k tv. I've used a cable matters adapter, and a U green adapter, neither of those worked.  I also read  that a gentleman used a TP link UE 300 and that did work. Another gentleman mentioned that the key is to enable Developer options. My ? is once Developer option is opened what would be the next step?   Thanks.

Why do you need gigabit ethernet? The TV has an ethernet port already. And the USB is more than likely 2.0, which has a maximum throughput of ~420 (blazeit) Mbps. So you couldn't even reach gigabit speeds. I know nearly every TV only has a 100Mbps ethernet port, but what are you streaming that you need >100Mbps speeds for your TV? Even high frame rate 4K generally tops out at around 85Mbps bitrate (that's encoded source 4K video, not streaming content from a provider (Netflix, Disney+, etc) or RAW 4K video). If you need faster speeds, 5gHz wifi is a far easier/simpler solution than trying to hack around a USB ethernet dongle.

I worked for an AV company for 4 years and 99% of new homes we wired/installed TV's in were hardwired, and the 100Mbps ethernet ports were never a bottleneck. Even with 20+ TV's streaming content all at the same time. It seems to be trying to solve a problem that doesn't need to be solved? Or am I just simply missing an edge-case scenario or something?

My understanding is that some examples, like Plex streaming high bitrate 4K HDR, or Sony Bravia Core, can start to saturate the 100mbps link at peak and cause some stuttering. 

I did a little googling for this example and found this reddit thread which would seem to indicate that pre-model year 2020 Sony TVs might not support USB ethernet adapters.