intel turbo boost 3.0

kullehh

I've got an intel i5-13600kf and a be quiet 2 fx 240mm, a new build, and usually even while gaming temps are below 50c but when I load the game or any app for approx. one second from what I suppose ITB 3.0 kicks in all the way to around 170watts and temps go around 88-90c and the fans ramp up all the way to 100% (2500rpm / 1700rpm) then a few seconds later everything turns back to normal (50c and relatively 1300rpm), can this damage anything, the CPU? because it's rated for 125watts or can this damage the fans from revving the fast here and there? should I be concerned, mobo is ASUS Rog Strix b660-f.
Thank You in advance for all the help.

it's fine. don't worry about it

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

6 minutes ago, kullehh said:

can this damage anything, the CPU? because it's rated for 125watts or can this damage the fans from revving the fast here and there? should I be concerned, mobo is ASUS Rog Strix b660-f.

To answer in order, no, no, no, and no. The 125W is what the CPU is rated at for its base clock, every Intel CPU draws more power than its TDP because of Turbo it's within Intel's limits. The biggest issue with higher power draw is temps, but seeing as you're in the low 90s at most I'd call that safe. Fans running at 100% at all times isn't exactly amazing for them, but there's a big difference between running at 100% for 3 years and running at 20% for most of their life with the occasional spikes to 100%. Nothing here sounds like it's concerning, I'd just go on and enjoy your system.