Help Building My First PC.

Budget (including currency): 2,000$ - 2,500$ USD (Including tax and shipping) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: New and upcoming games, 1440p, potentially 4k in the future at a minimum of 60fps and max graphical settings. I basically want to play everything for the next 5 years at max settings at 60fps minimum, would prefer 144fps if possible. Video games and Twitch / youtube. Dual monitor setup.

Other details: No existing parts, no peripherals needed, upgrading from an Alienware R8 i7 9700k, GTX 1070TI, 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram. I plan to buy as soon as possible, I need the PC before next month. 1440p 144HZ, would like 4k in the future with a minimum of 60fps. ((I would like an AMD GPU, as my recently returned computer parts included a free game that can only be activated with an AMD card.))

I recently tried building my own PC, after spending about 2 weeks researching and watching videos, as well as asking for help on Discord from PC building servers. After having my build revised by multiple people and given the greenlight, I purchased all my parts and was extremely excited for them to arrive. Upon arrival, I instantly started building, following the 'Ultimate' linus tech build video, things were difficult but progressing slowly. I managed to get the CPU, RAM, SSD, Motherboard and AIO installed. However, when it came time to put the GPU in, it simply wouldn't fit inside the case with the sag bracket. Extremely disappointed, stressed and dismayed, I began to disassemble everything, While disassembling I noticed my AIO was also incorrectly installed as it wasn't making proper contact with the CPU. I thought refunding everything was the best course of action, so that's what I did.

This is a rough draft of a new build I tried making, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k7gxpH. When I asked on Discord, they said I should change the Motherboard for something much cheaper and the storage device. I was told that the I5 13600K might not be good as the LGA1700 motherboard will be "dead" this year. I'm open to switching to an AMD CPU if it's beneficial. I was also told the CPU cooler isn't good and that I should get a 40$ Thermal assassin air cooler. I would like to keep the case if possible or maybe swap it for an NZXT H7 flow, I would also like an AMD GPU.

I'm very clearly out of my depth and at my wits end. I would appreciate if anybody could advise me on quality parts that are worth buying and will be 'future proof', not needing to upgraded in the next 2 or 3 years. I don't really care about AMD or Nvidia, whatever is the best value for price. I would also like to try and keep it one theme color, black, I don't want or care about RGBs. If the PC could run dead silent and boot fast / fast loading game screens, that would be fantastic as well. Thank you for reading.

Edited by RudeSeraph
Typos, additional info.

Hi RudeSeraph and welcome to the forums. PC building is an excellent hobby to get into but of course as with anything, there is a learning curve. You may not succeed initially but that should never deter you from staying the course. You'll find that it can be quite rewarding and cost efficient when you get the hang of it. 

Your Discord friends weren't wrong when they said the LGA 1700 socket will be "dead" this year. Basically, this means that if you want to upgrade the 13600K in the future, you'll have to purchase both the CPU as well as a compatible motherboard. This is the reason why I won't be recommending an Intel CPU in my build below. I've swapped out the AIO as a good tower air cooler is perfectly fine with the CPU I've chosen and easier to install especially for a budding PC builder. Also, if you insist on the Meshify 2 case, you may want to choose another 7900 XTX such as the Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX since some drive bays will be blocked with the XFX MERC.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9RnD9r

14 hours ago, RudeSeraph said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: New and upcoming games, 1440p, potentially 4k in the future at a minimum of 60fps and max graphical settings. I basically want to play everything for the next 5 years at max settings at 60fps minimum, would prefer 144fps if possible. Video games and Twitch / youtube. Dual monitor setup.

Other details: No existing parts, no peripherals needed, upgrading from an Alienware R8 i7 9700k, GTX 1070TI, 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram. I plan to buy as soon as possible, I need the PC before next month. 1440p 144HZ, would like 4k in the future with a minimum of 60fps. ((I would like an AMD GPU, as my recently returned computer parts included a free game that can only be activated with an AMD card.))

I recently tried building my own PC, after spending about 2 weeks researching and watching videos, as well as asking for help on Discord from PC building servers. After having my build revised by multiple people and given the greenlight, I purchased all my parts and was extremely excited for them to arrive. Upon arrival, I instantly started building, following the 'Ultimate' linus tech build video, things were difficult but progressing slowly. I managed to get the CPU, RAM, SSD, Motherboard and AIO installed. However, when it came time to put the GPU in, it simply wouldn't fit inside the case with the sag bracket. Extremely disappointed, stressed and dismayed, I began to disassemble everything, While disassembling I noticed my AIO was also incorrectly installed as it wasn't making proper contact with the CPU. I thought refunding everything was the best course of action, so that's what I did.

This is a rough draft of a new build I tried making, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k7gxpH. When I asked on Discord, they said I should change the Motherboard for something much cheaper and the storage device. I was told that the I5 13600K might not be good as the LGA1700 motherboard will be "dead" this year. I'm open to switching to an AMD CPU if it's beneficial. I was also told the CPU cooler isn't good and that I should get a 40$ Thermal assassin air cooler. I would like to keep the case if possible or maybe swap it for an NZXT H7 flow, I would also like an AMD GPU.

I'm very clearly out of my depth and at my wits end. I would appreciate if anybody could advise me on quality parts that are worth buying and will be 'future proof', not needing to upgraded in the next 2 or 3 years. I don't really care about AMD or Nvidia, whatever is the best value for price. I would also like to try and keep it one theme color, black, I don't want or care about RGBs. If the PC could run dead silent and boot fast / fast loading game screens, that would be fantastic as well. Thank you for reading.

Hello... Given that you want kind of a "Future Proof" PC and once that doesn't have RGB I have just what you are looking for. I highly recommend this PC build for you. I made sure that no RGB is included except what might be on the Motherboard as you really don't have an option for that anymore but everything else is non RGB and as Silent as I could possible get it. I added 2 more fans to go on the top of the Fractal Design case for max airflow. I also got a a ATX 3.0 PSU so that if you ever upgrade the GPU in the future you won't need to replace the PSU. I put in 2 M.2 drives, a 512GB w/ 1GB Cache for your OS and to load software much quicker and a 2TB M.2 w/ 2GB Cache to load your games much faster and 2TB should be plenty for a decent game library.

I have been building PCs for 30 years, If you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/99wWFg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($241.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($143.72 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 512 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($1070.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($183.50 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Fractal Design Aspect 14 PWM 78 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2420.03

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

19 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Hello... Given that you want kind of a "Future Proof" PC and once that doesn't have RGB I have just what you are looking for. I highly recommend this PC build for you. I made sure that no RGB is included except what might be on the Motherboard as you really don't have an option for that anymore but everything else is non RGB and as Silent as I could possible get it. I added 2 more fans to go on the top of the Fractal Design case for max airflow. I also got a a ATX 3.0 PSU so that if you ever upgrade the GPU in the future you won't need to replace the PSU. I put in 2 M.2 drives, a 512GB w/ 1GB Cache for your OS and to load software much quicker and a 2TB M.2 w/ 2GB Cache to load your games much faster and 2TB should be plenty for a decent game library.

I have been building PCs for 30 years, If you have any questions please let me know.

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($143.72 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 512 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($1070.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.99 @ Amazon)

I quite like this one! I’ve never used Acer drives before- how do they stack up?

23 minutes ago, Metaformed said:

I quite like this one! I’ve never used Acer drives before- how do they stack up?

I've used them a few times now. They seem to be on par with Crucial M.2s. So they should suite you nicely.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

6 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Hey, thanks for the in-depth build suggestion, I have a few questions.

1. Why the 7600X over say the 7700x or 7700, will this also be better than the i5 13600k at games?

2. Why Air cooler over AIO?

3. 2TB will be plenty for me, is it still worth having 2 NVMEs, one for OS and the other for games?

4. I was told certain 7900 XTX cards have an overheating problem, is the sapphire pulse one of them?

5. Are the additional fans necessary? The case already has 3. 

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it. 

19 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TDdR78

Cost optimized 7700 + 7900xt

Hi, thank you for the build. I'm a little skeptical on this build for a few reasons and would appreciate if you could answer a few questions and relieve some doubts I have.

1. Why is there no CPU cooler?

2. How good is the NVME compared to say a Western Digital SN770?

3. Why go Micro mini case and motherboard? For a first build it would seem like that would be a lot harder to work in and if I ever wanted to upgrade, I would need to change the case or motherboard. Especially with how big GPUs are getting.

4. Why the 7900XT over the 7900XTX?

5. I've read and heard quite a bit of negative things regarding Gigabyte motherboards, why them over MSI or something similar?

Thanks for your time.

20 hours ago, narendb said:

Hi RudeSeraph and welcome to the forums. PC building is an excellent hobby to get into but of course as with anything, there is a learning curve. You may not succeed initially but that should never deter you from staying the course. You'll find that it can be quite rewarding and cost efficient when you get the hang of it. 

Your Discord friends weren't wrong when they said the LGA 1700 socket will be "dead" this year. Basically, this means that if you want to upgrade the 13600K in the future, you'll have to purchase both the CPU as well as a compatible motherboard. This is the reason why I won't be recommending an Intel CPU in my build below. I've swapped out the AIO as a good tower air cooler is perfectly fine with the CPU I've chosen and easier to install especially for a budding PC builder. Also, if you insist on the Meshify 2 case, you may want to choose another 7900 XTX such as the Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX since some drive bays will be blocked with the XFX MERC.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9RnD9r

Hey Narendb, I appreciate the warm welcome, thank you. 

The reason I chose the Meshify 2 case is because I think it looks neat and I've heard really good things about their cases, the drivebays aren't an issue, as a single 2TB NVMe is more than enough for me. I also like the NZXT H7 flow case but it seems like I would have to add additional fans, as it only comes with 2, 1 front, 1 back. I don't mind swapping out the XTX for another brand, I've just been told that certain ones have some major issues, such as reaching 110c and overheating and I'm not sure what would be a better replacement.

I noticed you swapped a few things out, namely the ram and motherboard, is there any specific reason why or is it just better value for the same quality? I've also heard and read bad things about the Gigabyte motherboards, is there any truth to that and why use them over other brands?

Thanks for your time and the build.

1 hour ago, RudeSeraph said:

Hey, thanks for the in-depth build suggestion, I have a few questions.

1. Why the 7600X over say the 7700x or 7700, will this also be better than the i5 13600k at games?

2. Why Air cooler over AIO?

3. 2TB will be plenty for me, is it still worth having 2 NVMEs, one for OS and the other for games?

4. I was told certain 7900 XTX cards have an overheating problem, is the sapphire pulse one of them?

5. Are the additional fans necessary? The case already has 3. 

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it. 

Sure... I'd be happy to help.

1. Why the 7600X over say the 7700x or 7700, will this also be better than the i5 13600k at games? If you just plan on gaming and or streaming at the same time then the Ryzen 5 is all you need. CPUs have come such a long was over the last 5 years I'd say. If you were doing that plus rendering or other really demanding tasks then the Ryzen 7 or 9 is more your speed then but id you are just gaming and streaming there is no sense in spending more than you have to on something that won't be fully used to it's potential.

2. Why Air cooler over AIO? Well there are a few different reasons for this. 1. AIO's are great for certain situations no doubt but they do have risks like they all have the potential to leak even though they say they have Anti-Leaking Protection. 2. Air Coolers don't have that problem and cleaning them is so simple, just get a can of compressed air and spray it down preferably outside, lol. Another reason some people like an AIO is because of RAM clearance and the amount of RAM you can use. If you have a smaller motherboard spacing can be really tight and sometimes nonexistent so people use AIO's to free themselves of that problem and these days it doesn't matter as much because we builders are shying away from 4 sticks of RAM for the fear of incompatibility, 2 sticks is preferred now so using an air cooler isn't a problem anymore especially with ASUS TUF motherboards, the amount of spacing for air coolers is the best I've ever seen the gap between the VRMs and the RAM slots is more than any other board I've ever seen so any air cooler can be used on a TUF board.

3. 2TB will be plenty for me, is it still worth having 2 NVMEs, one for OS and the other for games? Nowadays it's preferred to have your games on a separate drive so that they are not as vulnerable as the drive with the OS on it, plus it takes no time at all to reinstall Windows, like less than 10 mins. Reinstalling games takes a really long time to download and install.

4. I was told certain 7900 XTX cards have an overheating problem, is the sapphire pulse one of them? Sapphire has been a reputable brand of GPUs for a long time, I haven't heard anything about the Sapphire model about heating issues.

5. Are the additional fans necessary? The case already has 3. Well the new AM5 Socket likes to get really hot so it is important to offset that heat distribution anyway you can. Also since you are running a hot CPU and the most powerful GPU AMD has then it is vital to keep everything cool as much as possible. There are safeguards built in in case of overheating but if those safeguards fail then it causes even more problems. So the 2 front fans pull fresh air into the case and the top and rear fans pull air out of the case, the PSU also pulls in air from the bottom of the case but the PSU is the only one that benefits from it.

44 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Sure... I'd be happy to help.

1. Why the 7600X over say the 7700x or 7700, will this also be better than the i5 13600k at games? If you just plan on gaming and or streaming at the same time then the Ryzen 5 is all you need. CPUs have come such a long was over the last 5 years I'd say. If you were doing that plus rendering or other really demanding tasks then the Ryzen 7 or 9 is more your speed then but id you are just gaming and streaming there is no sense in spending more than you have to on something that won't be fully used to it's potential.

2. Why Air cooler over AIO? Well there are a few different reasons for this. 1. AIO's are great for certain situations no doubt but they do have risks like they all have the potential to leak even though they say they have Anti-Leaking Protection. 2. Air Coolers don't have that problem and cleaning them is so simple, just get a can of compressed air and spray it down preferably outside, lol. Another reason some people like an AIO is because of RAM clearance and the amount of RAM you can use. If you have a smaller motherboard spacing can be really tight and sometimes nonexistent so people use AIO's to free themselves of that problem and these days it doesn't matter as much because we builders are shying away from 4 sticks of RAM for the fear of incompatibility, 2 sticks is preferred now so using an air cooler isn't a problem anymore especially with ASUS TUF motherboards, the amount of spacing for air coolers is the best I've ever seen the gap between the VRMs and the RAM slots is more than any other board I've ever seen so any air cooler can be used on a TUF board.

3. 2TB will be plenty for me, is it still worth having 2 NVMEs, one for OS and the other for games? Nowadays it's preferred to have your games on a separate drive so that they are not as vulnerable as the drive with the OS on it, plus it takes no time at all to reinstall Windows, like less than 10 mins. Reinstalling games takes a really long time to download and install.

4. I was told certain 7900 XTX cards have an overheating problem, is the sapphire pulse one of them? Sapphire has been a reputable brand of GPUs for a long time, I haven't heard anything about the Sapphire model about heating issues.

5. Are the additional fans necessary? The case already has 3. Well the new AM5 Socket likes to get really hot so it is important to offset that heat distribution anyway you can. Also since you are running a hot CPU and the most powerful GPU AMD has then it is vital to keep everything cool as much as possible. There are safeguards built in in case of overheating but if those safeguards fail then it causes even more problems. So the 2 front fans pull fresh air into the case and the top and rear fans pull air out of the case, the PSU also pulls in air from the bottom of the case but the PSU is the only one that benefits from it.

Thank you for answering all my questions. I'm trying to learn more about PCs for the future, so I appreciate it.

I showed your build to some people on discord, they suggested I get a cheaper cooler, such as theDeepcool AK400 ZERO DARK PLUS, Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 V3 BLACK, Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK.

They made these changes to the build, claiming the 7700x is more future proof and overall better, changed the GPU to something slightly cheaper, and cheaper PSU. I think I would actually keep the Sapphire GPU because I like the color better.

What are your thoughts to the changes they made, are they warranted? 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KsKzQ6

Thank you for your time.

10 minutes ago, RudeSeraph said:

Thank you for answering all my questions. I'm trying to learn more about PCs for the future, so I appreciate it.

I showed your build to some people on discord, they suggested I get a cheaper cooler, such as theDeepcool AK400 ZERO DARK PLUS, Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 V3 BLACK, Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK.

They made these changes to the build, claiming the 7700x is more future proof and overall better, changed the GPU to something slightly cheaper, and cheaper PSU. I think I would actually keep the Sapphire GPU because I like the color better.

Thank you for your time.

Nothing against you I promise but I really don't like it when people mess with my work. I have been doing this since I was 8 years old, for 30 years now this has been my profession. I worked really hard to get were I am today, all the schools, classes, and tuition for what? It's like imagine that you are an artist and you put months if not years into a painting and then you show it to someone and all they do is criticize it and make fun of it. It's like your heart being ripped out.  This is how passionate I am about my work. I think of my work as art, and I am not above criticism but they changed about 80% of what I tried to do for you for the worst.

The list I made, every part on there had a reason to be there. Changing that could only make it worse in some way. I really don't think you are going to be happy with what they did if you go that route. I know that your not going to be happy with it. Everyone is going to have a different opinion but the build I made for you was perfect, a masterpiece.

1 hour ago, RudeSeraph said:

Thank you for your time.

Please don't do this. You should either take advice here OR the Discord folks, and not both simultaneously as this only adds confusion. They really messed up PC HEROES original build and I can see why he's disappointed. You already got some great builds in this thread on both ends of your budget so your next steps should be deciding when to pull the trigger on the purchases and how to go about properly assembling the system. 

4 hours ago, RudeSeraph said:

I noticed you swapped a few things out, namely the ram and motherboard, is there any specific reason why or is it just better value for the same quality? I've also heard and read bad things about the Gigabyte motherboards, is there any truth to that and why use them over other brands?

One of the first things you do when purchasing RAM is to go to the motherboard manufacturer's support page and make sure the exact model number of the RAM module is listed in the "Memory Support List". This ensures maximum compatibility when using XMP/EXPO timings so that you don't get random blue screens when gaming or doing memory intensive tasks on the system. As for Gigabyte, they are one of the "Big 4" manufacturers along with Asus, Asrock and MSI. Sure, they may have bad models from time to time, but so does the other 3. Online motherboard reviews can help you zoom in on particular models from each manufacturer with the best VRM and thermals.

3 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Nothing against you I promise but I really don't like it when people mess with my work. I have been doing this since I was 8 years old, for 30 years now this has been my profession. I worked really hard to get were I am today, all the schools, classes, and tuition for what? It's like imagine that you are an artist and you put months if not years into a painting and then you show it to someone and all they do is criticize it and make fun of it. It's like your heart being ripped out.  This is how passionate I am about my work. I think of my work as art, and I am not above criticism but they changed about 80% of what I tried to do for you for the worst.

The list I made, every part on there had a reason to be there. Changing that could only make it worse in some way. I really don't think you are going to be happy with what they did if you go that route. I know that your not going to be happy with it. Everyone is going to have a different opinion but the build I made for you was perfect, a masterpiece.

My apologies, I didn't mean to upset you. I'm very new to PC building, so I'm not aware of the proper etiquette when it comes to changing personalized builds, it wasn't a slight against you.

I like your build and the thoughtfulness you put into it, as well as your responses to all my questions, thank you.

8 hours ago, RudeSeraph said:

Why is there no CPU cooler?

Cpu already comes with a wraith prism, very solid stock coolers not fucking garbage like those post lga 775 intel coolers, i would be expecting 5ghz allcore with ease on a wraith prism since these ryzens are pretty darn efficient, iirc they run best around 1v not the usual 1.2v

How good is the NVME compared to say a Western Digital SN770?

Sn770 is a joke because it has no dram cache, that 5000mb/s top speed dont matter when over the long run itll still lose out to a dram drive once the slc cache fills up, also alot more intensive on system ram since they use hmb (literally using your ddr4/5 as the dram cache which isnt ideal for <32gb setups), also dramless tends to degrade abit faster afaik so prefer dram gen3 over a dramless gen4 any day unless were talking >20$ price delta between dram gen3 and dramless gen3/4

Why go Micro mini case and motherboard? For a first build it would seem like that would be a lot harder to work in and if I ever wanted to upgrade, I would need to change the case or motherboard. Especially with how big GPUs are getting.

Fair point, you can get a bigger case, but literally noone uses the extra pcie slots an atx board uses so no real diff other than looks, atx version of the board is 40$ more so thats why i went for the M board

Why the 7900XT over the 7900XTX?

Cost, 7900xt is 150$ less

I've read and heard quite a bit of negative things regarding Gigabyte motherboards, why them over MSI or something similar?

Thats true for all manufacturers not just gigabyte. Msi had complete garbage boards in the fsb oc and bclk era that either couldnt clock high or they were ridicolously fragile (msi h55 boards dying because i shut em off in bios), but i am aware that theyre newer boards are alot better than their old garbage and actually reccomend their newer boards if priced right

Asus id just avoid mostly because pricing and their lower end boards are both garbage and bios crippled for worse oc if my p5q is anything to go by alongside non rog boards being limited to a meager 1.8v vdimm for ddr4

On 4/2/2023 at 9:28 PM, RudeSeraph said:

The ID cooling CPU cooler is fine but if you want to spend just a bit more, the Thermal Right Peerless Assassin 120 is the way to go as long as there is space. 

The Dark Rock Pro 4, a peer of the PA120, is much better than the ID but twice the cost of the Assassin. The Deep Cool AK620 is also very good like the PA120 and DRP4, but also more expensive than the PA120. The AK400 is inferior to all of them. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

NVMe is technology that boosts the speed of drives (SATA, PCIe, M.2)

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

DRAM on an SSD is especially important if you're writing large files to it.