AMD WattMan error fix

storm05
Go to solution Solved by Snail Jerky,
5 minutes ago, storm05 said:

how can i prevent a hard reset?

Have you tried this option?

The reddit post describes what is going on, and disabling fast startup should cause no issues. Apparently it isn't really needed anymore due to SSDs.

what is the best way to fix the AMD WattMan error where everyting gets sett to default after turning off and on the pc. on fix ses to turn of fast startup in what the power button does in power options and another one ses to turn of sleep and lock and have fast startup on. what are de difrent consequences of thrying ither?

3 minutes ago, storm05 said:

what is the best way to fix the AMD WattMan error where everyting gets sett to default after turning off and on the pc. on fix ses to turn of fast startup in what the power button does in power options and a nother noen ses to turn of sleep and lock and have fast startup on. what are de difrent consequences of thrying ither?

What? 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

What? 

translation: what is the best way to fix the AMD WattMan error where everything gets set to default after turning off and on the pc. on fix ses (sees?) to turn of fast startup in what the power button does in power options and another one ses (sees?) to turn of sleep and lock and have fast startup on. what are the different consequences of trying either

(btw i don't know what AMD wattman is)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

10 minutes ago, storm05 said:

what is the best way to fix the AMD WattMan error where everyting gets sett to default after turning off and on the pc. on fix ses to turn of fast startup in what the power button does in power options and another one ses to turn of sleep and lock and have fast startup on. what are de difrent consequences of thrying ither?

Any overclock settings will be set to default if the PC unexpectedly loses power or is hard reset. As for fast startup, you can safely disable it although it has no effect on overclocks.

6 minutes ago, filpo said:

(btw i don't know what AMD wattman is)

It's a utility in the driver that can be used for overclocking/undervolting. Afaik, it resets itself to defaults when it detects a crash, unclean shutdown or there's some issue during startup.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 minutes ago, narendb said:

Any overclock settings will be set to default if the PC unexpectedly loses power or is hard reset. As for fast startup, you can safely disable it although it has no effect on overclocks.

5 minutes ago, storm05 said:

Have you tried this option?

The reddit post describes what is going on, and disabling fast startup should cause no issues. Apparently it isn't really needed anymore due to SSDs.