Help identifying potential SSD failure

Hi. Recently, I've had issues with a samsung SSD (sata) drive. It is NOT a boot drive, and i just use it as a game store.

My desktop has been conducting occasional disk repairs on that SSD when i turn on my PC, unsolicited. This has happened maybe 3-4 times before, however it always completed and booted successful and seemed to function perfectly fine. Besides this, I havent received any warning signs of disk failure. Samsung disk magician and crystaldiskinfo both didnt indicate any issues with the drive.

Last night, when gaming, i restarted my PC and suddenly started getting BSOD on boot with ntfs.sys error. it didnt couldnt boot despite multiple repair attempts. Then i noticed in my bios, that the SSD had fallen out of detection by the computer. Finally i removed it and the pc booted up fine.

Further investigation had shown that the drive was now showing up in disk manager as 'Raw' file system. doing a chkdsk drive: /f has seemed to return the drive to NTFS file system and the drive is now accessible. however all drive software still says the drive is in good condition.

Is the drive dying? or could this have been a corruption event caused by overclocking my PC as ive been having stability issues. CMD when running chkdsk had shown that there were quite a number of bad segments that i think were recovered

I've had an SSD die (OS drive no less) due to being too full. I got a message in Windows pop up saying it was getting too full, and I ignored it for the day. Next day I went to boot and no luck. Drive was permanently dead. I couldn't even retrieve the data that was on it from a different PC. So now I always try to leave a minimum of 10-15% free space, basically, if Windows shows the usage as red in "my Computer" then you need to back off.

Maybe you had a game install or update in the background which caused the drive to overfill.

25 minutes ago, Seabottom said:

I've had an SSD die (OS drive no less) due to being too full. I got a message in Windows pop up saying it was getting too full, and I ignored it for the day. Next day I went to boot and no luck. Drive was permanently dead. I couldn't even retrieve the data that was on it from a different PC. So now I always try to leave a minimum of 10-15% free space, basically, if Windows shows the usage as red in "my Computer" then you need to back off.

Maybe you had a game install or update in the background which caused the drive to overfill.

Thanks for the response. This isnt an issue im facing as the drive isnt full, plus i have over provisioning enabled. plus this wouldnt explain why it suddenly corrupted itself