Help choosing GPU for a hand-me-down build.

csanders

Just upgraded my PC, and my wife and I decided to pass my old rig down to her, rather than trying to sell off the used parts (as we probably wouldn't get more than a couple hundred dollars for it all anyway).  She generally doesn't play particularly intensive games, and if she ever needs major horsepower, she could always use my rig.  Really, we're looking to just have a second PC so that we can play a few co-op games together.  The build as it currently sits is listed below.  I sold my GTX1060 6GB before we decided to keep the rest of the PC, so really I just need to find a GPU that can handle 1080p at 75hz reliably with mostly modern games while paired with a R5 1600. I don't see us needing more than 1080p, as she'll likely spend a good portion of her gaming time streaming to her iPad or a TV in a different room via SteamLink.  Anyway, I'd like to try to grab a GPU that could do 1080p at High on the average modern title, so that we have the option to scale graphics settings down to medium over the next couple of years if needed.

We're fine with Used parts, and have seen lots of RX6600 cards in our area within our budget ($150-175). The same for 5700xt.  Occasionally, we see a 6600xt sneak in close enough to our $200 cap that we could maybe stretch it.  In Nvidia land, I see a handful of RTX2060 and GTX1080 units floating around near the $200 point.  

Do any of those seem like a frontrunner, assuming pricing is all about equal?  Is the R5 1600 going to be enough of a bottleneck to choke out any of these?

Budget (including currency): $200 USD (but would prefer closer to $150)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Clipstudio Paint, Photoshop, 1080p gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
Current setup is as follows:
Ryzen 5 1600
Asus b350 Gaming-F
16GB 3200Mhz DDR4
750W Corsair PSU
512 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

5700(xt) and 6600(xt) are both good choices, 1080 is abit old and the 6600(xt) beats it but if you want nvidia its a perfectly fine card, 2060 is a joke at that price, maybe if it was a 2070

That's kinda what I was thinking, but wanted the sanity check. Any noticable real advantage to the 6600xt vs the 6600, assuming about a $50 price difference?  I'm mostly seeing 6600s in the $150-175 range, and the XT seems to be closer to the $200-240 range here.  Is it worth the 25% price increase, or would it even be noticable paired with an R5 1600?

5 hours ago, csanders said:

(but would prefer closer to $150)

Definitely would go 5700XT here instead, theyre so common at 125-150$ on ebay that its ridiculous.

3 hours ago, csanders said:

Any noticable real advantage to the 6600xt vs the 6600

Noticeable but not worth chasing the 50$ delta in the scenario here where youd prefer to spend less.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.