Need Help Planning Fan Setup for New Build

TL30

Budget (including currency): $2,500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Web Development, Minecraft, Cyberpunk 2077, GTA V

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm doing a build in the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini and I have 2 AIOs. A 360mm for my CPU and a 240mm for my GPU.

I'm able to have 9 fans in the case:

• 3 Top with CPU AIO

• 2 Side with GPU AIO

• 3 Bottom

• 1 Back

The case is great, and I'm really excited to put everything together, but I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to go about cooling with the fans.

I know typically the bottom, front, and side are intake, and the top and back are exhaust, but I feel like the AIOs should be bringing in cool air, plus I have RGB fans, and I think the bottom fans exhaust would look nicer but not sure it will be the best for cooling.

My CPU is the 13700K with the Corsair H150i and my GPU is the ASUS ROG Strix 6800 XT with the AIO attached.

Does anyone have any input on what I should do?

9 minutes ago, TL30 said:

Budget (including currency): $2,500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Web Development, Minecraft, Cyberpunk 2077, GTA V

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm doing a build in the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini and I have 2 AIOs. A 360mm for my CPU and a 240mm for my GPU.

I'm able to have 9 fans in the case:

• 3 Top with CPU AIO

• 2 Side with GPU AIO

• 3 Bottom

• 1 Back

The case is great, and I'm really excited to put everything together, but I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to go about cooling with the fans.

I know typically the bottom, front, and side are intake, and the top and back are exhaust, but I feel like the AIOs should be bringing in cool air, plus I have RGB fans, and I think the bottom fans exhaust would look nicer but not sure it will be the best for cooling.

My CPU is the 13700K with the Corsair H150i and my GPU is the ASUS ROG Strix 6800 XT with the AIO attached.

Does anyone have any input on what I should do?

Typical setup would be

• 3 Top with CPU AIO => Exhaust

• 2 Side with GPU AIO => Intake

• 3 Bottom => Intake

• 1 Back => Exhaust

you can avoid slight positive pressure by having the bottom intake fans going slower, but it won't make a big difference

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

8 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Typical setup would be

• 3 Top with CPU AIO => Exhaust

• 2 Side with GPU AIO => Intake

• 3 Bottom => Intake

• 1 Back => Exhaust

you can avoid slight positive pressure by having the bottom intake fans going slower, but it won't make a big difference

Could I do something like top intake, side intake, back exhaust, bottom exhaust? That way the 2 AIOs are bringing in cool air to the CPU and GPU and the hot air is still being exhausted or is that going to yield bad temps? (Ideally the side ones would also be exhaust because the fans would look way nicer)

Do you have any input on what you think the fan configuration should be for both best temps and best looks?

6 minutes ago, TL30 said:

Could I do something like top intake, side intake, back exhaust, bottom exhaust? That way the 2 AIOs are bringing in cool air to the CPU and GPU and the hot air is still being exhausted or is that going to yield bad temps? (Ideally the side ones would also be exhaust because the fans would look way nicer)

Do you have any input on what you think the fan configuration should be for both best temps and best looks?

You could, but physics suggests that this will result in warm exhaust air rising and being sucked into the AIOs.

Keep in mind that AIO as intake naturally raise the internal temperature a few degrees. Front, bottom, side intake top, rear exhaust is optimal.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

51 minutes ago, brob said:

You could, but physics suggests that this will result in warm exhaust air rising and being sucked into the AIOs.

Keep in mind that AIO as intake naturally raise the internal temperature a few degrees. Front, bottom, side intake top, rear exhaust is optimal.

Would using the top AIO as exhaust result in a hotter CPU?

2 hours ago, TL30 said:

Would using the top AIO as exhaust result in a hotter CPU?

If fan and pump speed are constant then an increase in ambient temperature will reduce cooling efficiency. But most AIO adjust at least fan speed to compensate.

18 hours ago, brob said:

If fan and pump speed are constant then an increase in ambient temperature will reduce cooling efficiency. But most AIO adjust at least fan speed to compensate.

Do you have an suggestion on how I should do the fan setup?

1 hour ago, TL30 said:

Do you have an suggestion on how I should do the fan setup?

@PDifolco's post, the first response, outlined what I too would recommend.